Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tea & Crumpets

What more can you ask for at a loverly tea besides the tea? How about friends, author, and dessert. Yesterday Larcy and I went over to Scrapbook Plus to meet, once again, one of our favorite authors, Joanna Slan Campbell. She was hostess for this book party and tea. Her new book, Photo, Snap, Shot, is the latest "Kiki Lowenstein Scrap-N-Craft" Mystery. I recommend these mysteries. I love reading them on the plane going here and there. Fun stories and a good mystery! And Joanna is so gracious! We, of course, are all happy she moved into our area!


The fun thing about this tea is we got to keep our tea cup!


Desserts had no calories what so ever and baked by a chef who works at the French Embassy. OH no, nope, no calories and I will not, under any conditions, admit to how many I ate.....


After the tea, Larcy and I took Oliver in the convertible for his first ride of the season with the top down. Now for the record, Oliver's daddy (Phil) was up in Philly watching a baseball game and so Oliver and Larcy were on their own with only Auntie M to entertain them. Off to 5 Guys - the perfect Burger joint! Oliver was so ready.....


On the road again - at a stop light.....


Fast forward to Mother's Day..... today..... Oliver took his Mom (Larcy) and his Auntie M (me) out to a Mother's Day Lunch today and used his very own little credit card with his photo on it. We went over to Reston Town Center to search for some new Cavallini rubber stamps, "Vintage Office," and figured our Paper-Source store would have them. They did.


Luckily for the store, they are pet-friendly and as long as Larcy carries Oliver he is welcome in the store which makes it so easy for Auntie M to spend money. He fell in love with a rather large white polar bear:




We had lunch at a wonderful pizzeria and Oliver had his carrots..... Larcy and I had deep crust New York-style pizza.


Came home and created a thank you card which I need to get in the mail tomorrow.

All in all what a wonderful Mother's Day it was, indeed. I hope each of you had a wonderful day also..... And to you, Mommy, I will always cherish the time we had together and wish you a heavenly happy mother's day, love you forever....



7 comments:

Terri said...

Marlynn, I am glad you have had two great days!
Your Vintage office set looks fab. And so does your card.
Hugs,
Terri

Debby said...

I love this post. Darn that Oliver is just the sweetest. The desserts??? How many???Your thank you card is beautiful and I love the photo of your Mother.
Hugs,
Debby

Annette said...

Your Mama is beautiful!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun post. You had me laughing as soon as Oliver came into the picture. Of course, I started by salivating over the TEA CUP and all those desserts. I could eat one of each right now, that's how hungry I am!

It was so nice to see a photo of your lovely mother. And yes, I am late getting here. It's been the story of my life the last week or so.

Diane said...

What a great weekend you had!! Love the photo of your Mom.

Joanna Campbell Slan said...

Marlynn, great seeing you and Larcy again. That Oliver is sooooo cute! My dogs love rides in the convertible, too. As for crocheting, I tried it from a book and gave up. I found a wonderful teacher who was very patient. If you ever read books by Betty Hechtman, she blogs with me and writes about a woman who loves to crochet. Thanks again for coming to the tea!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Lovely tribute to your lovely Mom M!
Looks like a great time was had by all for your tea party! yummee!
Your thank you card looks fab as well!
You make VERY good use of your time!
oxo