Sunday, May 30, 2010

Z = Zigeunerherz

Yes, my little honeysuckles, I know "Zigeunerherz" is pushing the Z word. But, hey, thanks to my bud, Patty, over at the Magpie's Nest, I came up with my Z WORD! At tea earlier this month, we were discussing the final (yes, last all-done- # 26 ATC alphabet card) card which just happened to be "z" and my find of the Italian word for gypsy, "zingaro" .... She said -- the German word for gypsy began with a Z also... and my mother's side is German and, guess what, we were off and running..... I asked her for the German translation of the phrase: The Gypsy Heart (see card above). So let us begin here in the Breeze:

I gathered my ideas together in one spot: 1) playing card already covered with sheet music; 2) image of Gypsy (I colored in her head gear with a pencil); and 3) some rusty hearts kept for a special occasion. The sheet music needed a "little" something - paint maybe? OH my, just happened to have my most FAV paints in the whole wide world available. . . Claudine Hellmuth Studio paints by Ranger are the best in the world. I really do love them and have gotten to the point of only using them when I am looking for an acrylic paint. Using the two reds with a "dry" brush, I wanted just a little hint of the paint to peek through the elements that were to go on top of the card.

Some of you know, how at times, I think I am done with a piece but then keep adding and adding. This adventure was no different. First run through ended up with adding ribbon, images, rusty heart, and the letter "z"...... but I felt......
We needed something else. Looking on my desk I found two black brads... OK, we are on to something,
Still a little flat, I felt....... so I walked away from it and went downstairs and to my surprise, what did I fine? A wee bit of "silver" the exact size I needed for her crown,

I swear to you, on a bunch of honeysuckles waving in the breeze, I DID not even have to trim anything off this bit of silver German scrap... it was the exact size. And that my little honeysuckles is how das zigeunerherz was born, her gypsy heart on her sleeve! And so in closing for today - I have to do some work from work for work..... today.... which is OK since it will make my upcoming 4-day week better! LOL..... I did get the sticker on the Red Queen and she went out in public yesterday to the grocery store and met her kissing cousin,

A bit of history according to me: the designer of the PT Cruiser ran away from Chrysler and went over to Chevy and then designed the HHR (Red Queen to you all). Could not have planned this photo if I had wanted to ... it was in the Wonderland Starz (oh my another "z")...... Yes Her Highness Royal has wormed her way into my heart and will be giving the lady bug (whom I loved and adored and in a moment of weakness traded in for The Shark one year ago) a run for her money,
Hmmmm, I think all the Red Queen needs is a little flower holder for red flowers and one red Harley?


8 comments:

~*~Patty said...

Oh I am Loving your Ziguener card M! What a beauty she is and what you've done with her is yet again amazing!

I have a gypsy book in the works ... I seem to be drawn to that topic!

Diane said...

Wow, Marlynn, you did it--all 26 letters--wonderful!! That's so funny about the piece of silver for the crown--see--NEVER throw out anything!

Love your new car, the Red Queen--looks like she hooked up with someone--BTW, I drive a royal blue Mustang :) It's not the most practical, but it's fun!

Janet Ghio said...

I love your card! The image is just wonderful and the background looks great!!

Debby said...

Hey girlfriend, your ZZZZZZZZZZ card is amazing, I think it may almost be my fav of all of them. I love reading about your new wheels, sounds so fun.
Happy Memorial Day!
Hugs,
Debby

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

When I first saw the Z title, I immediately thought of Patty. When I read the post, I had to laugh. I simply KNEW it.

This is over the top, but not THaT over the top. You must have mellowed a bit after 26 ATCs.

I like your new car, but it looks really big to me. Think I said that before (grin).

Happy Memorial Day. Bet I know what you'll be doing.

Dorthe said...

Marlynn,your Z card is wonderfull, love how it ended up, with your lucky finds.
Yoyr new car looks --wow
Hugs Dorthe

Unknown said...

Marlynn, you have hit another one out of the park with that inspired "Z"! The perfect scrap of german silver scrap-- well, that clinched it! It's why I have a hard time throwing anything out!

Lovely shade of red your driving now!

cpmfirmation word: "rometsta"-
kissing cousin to the Vespa!
vrooom, vrooom!
:)

Terri said...

Oh I missed this post Marlynn.
I love the process of your "Z" card. You make the best ATCs. What a knack you have for knowing just what needs to be added. That gold German scrap touch works on so many levels! Fabulous!

And now I know where Red Queen came from too! I didn't even realized you had traded in the last one! I go away for only two weeks and look at the mischief you get into! Lol!!!

Hugs,
Terri