Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Rainy Day in the Honeysuckle Breeze

Today, we are having a wonderful rain at about 5:00 pm. This is the first time I have captured rain drops on my new car's (Red Queen to you) moon roof. Love it. Harley has moved in and is purring.... what can I say. He loves a red car - said something about it being his fav color... do tell!

Played "team tennis" last night and we did OK. Didn't win over all but had great fun playing and competing. I think I am getting a little use to those late Wednesday nights and getting up early on a Thursday morning. Don't have to do it every Wednesday, so it is OK.


I did get the ATC "backs" done and now need to get them onto the ATCs - working on that tonight.

I have to admit I am addicted to my Prismacolor Pencils -- this box of pencils. I have metal boxes of this brand but for some reason I cannot live without this box. How do I know this? I misplaced the box just prior to my last craft chix weekend a few months ago and all I did was moan, whine, and groan that they weren't with me. All my gal friends offered me their pencils but I wouldn't use them. When I got home, I found them, under my nose in the living room. *Sigh*

And last but not least. The photo above is in my living room by my fireplace. I see these two items everyday and they give me a lot happiness. Elizabeth, over at Altered Book Lover, made the hands banner which I was the lucky winner in a blog drawing months ago. Hung it on a stick! The Rooster -- I have had for more years than I can remember. Found him at an arts festival and just had to have him. He is quilted and so beautiful. I am going to get to work on my ATC backs, the rain is still coming down and I might go out on the patio with a cup of decaf and watch the rain drops! Happy Happy evening my honeysuckles.....

6 comments:

~*~Patty said...

First shower for your new wheels!
Hoping the rain will help clear the air...there was an orange air quality alert yesterday ... already!
We only got a trace, enough to wet the lavender so I had to stop picking for now, sounds like you got it all!
How nice to be able to sit out on your patio, that is what I Love about our back porch too :)
oxo

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Hello Marlynn
love the photos of your new ride and the sweet stuffed toy in the window. Also the ATC backs are fabulous. Thank you for always leaving such kind comments on my blog...hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh no! Your lovely new car got all wet. I'm surprised you didn't jump out and dry her off right there. She and Harley are a pair. I'm not sure which is cuter.

I am in awe of your coloring skills. I just can't seem to get into coloring with pencils, although I have some, including some lovely watercolor pencils from Germany.

I love where you hung your little quiltlet. How sweet of you to show it. It's amazing that I had forgotten all about it until you mentioned it again.

I'm finally off today to buy groceries. I am so far behind in everything, including house cleaning. I must get caught up. Haven't even checked my e-mail in about four days. Have a great Friday and hope to see you tomorrow in the Honeysuckles.

Unknown said...

I love raindrops on windows- and what better plae to be than warm and snug in your car (if you didn't need to be anywhere else!)

Michelle Palmer said...

When my treasured art supplies go missing I search... and search... walk away for a few hours~ and when I return they're exactly where they always are!!! I think there is a bit of "Toy Story" happening in my studio from time to time... all of my little needle felts come to life, move things around and play while I'm away! ha! ha!
Hope your weekend is wonderful~
Michelle

Dorthe said...

Hi dear Marlynn,

Oh,- know how it is loving the rain,--sometimes--
We at last have sun and warm weather, the two last dayes,-but it will change -they told us.
--Your ATC`s looks great from behind, dear,---and I SOO know about not being able to find, what is just under my nose.....don`t know what happens in my studio,now -and then :)
Happy sunday.
Hugs,Dorthe