Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sister Act II

I told you yesterday I was not in the mood to deal with the Blogger - so let's see how it goes today. Yesterday, I could not move "photos" around and once you loaded one it stayed right there. Arrgggg. SO, her we go again.... Yesterday you saw Sister Act finished and saw that it looked nothing like the original ..... We all change directions when creating - at times that is. I had in my mind that this one would be called "Paris Burning" but it didn't work out. So I decided to "use up" some of my printed digital art of a Christmas Marie. Because of that decision, I had to reprint the original image from my "Instant Memories French Pages" by Anna Corba. I love this book with the CD. Love it.... The image which I am certain you all have seen in many other creations is of the "Countess of Provence, Wife of Louis XVIII." I always have fun with this image....

Check image above and you will see we went from pink and blue to a more pale red and green. I was looking to place the new image over this one and printed her out a couple of times until I got the exact same size I was looking for. In a perfect world, it would have been the same size - but that is not gonna happen in my world.... maybe in yours but not here in the Honeysuckle Breeze. Oh No...... just wouldn't happen. And OK I added spiky greenery just because...... and a weird looking wing.. and a Xmas bow....and a jewel here and there.... I know.... giggle.... just like playing with your paper dolls. Remember?

I also had to use my Chat Noir.... I love this cat and have used him so many times in the past. Once his tail looked like he was holding Marie's head.... (I know I keep going back to the fact she lost her head...).... This page was from one of my several "Marie" small books I created over the last two years.... cat tail discretely wrapped around head....

Or Cat Holding Head # 2 from another little book.... Forever Marie and her kitty.....

OK, enough of the head jokes.... on Sister Act however I used the cat in a different manner and cut him in half. His head is at the bottom right on the canvas:

And his cat butt is on the left top of the canvas:

And once again - I will leave you with the total effect.... I am off to work on my "Q" ATC .... whew.... no telling where that will lead us but with luck you will see it tomorrow! Have a great Sunday evening.... Oh yes, and by the way - did you notice her head on the "clock" face... nope, I couldn't resist.... yup, another head joke comin' ......




5 comments:

Diane said...

What a transformation-I LOVE it, Marlynn! I have that same book--great images!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This post made me laugh. Part of the laugh came from the cat holding up Marie's head, and part was his behind. I'm still laughing. So glad you showed some of your older work, too. Do you just have ONE alphabet ATC to go? You go, girl.

Terri said...

So sorry your Blogger is bugging you!
Glad you are getting in lots of tennis though.
Good for you!
I love seeing the transformation of your art pieces. I love how you work, and how you play! Sister Act is fab! I especially love the clock with her head in it!
Hugs,
And goodnight
Terri

Anonymous said...

I love the edgy beauty of these images! And now I have to go get that book so I can play with the image too -- love it!

Sorry I've been out of touch ... haven't been able to visit and comment on other blogs as often as I'd like. Have been teaching and doing more film work lately, and not online as much. Always fun to visit your gorgeous work here!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Loving Marie's starry wings along with all of the fab details ... chat noir :)

creating posts is time consuming enough ... never nice when it is not going smoothly! sorry for your frustration !

oxo