Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Honeysuckles are Smiling......

Son of a gun, the little dude did it.... He got his photo with the one and only Claudine Hellmuth. He is still smiling, singing, and smelling all the honeysuckles. He even managed to help me in this wonderful technique tag book workshop.

We ended up making 13 different tags with 13 different techniques. This was a great refresher course along with learning some new stuff. Yes you can teach these two old dogs (me and Harley) new tricks when we are in the right frame of mind! Nope, Harley is not amused with the last comment. He has probably sniffed way too many honeysuckles.

The techniques ranged from Faux Batik, Embossed Paper Tinting, Embossing on her Claudine Hellmuth (CH) Studio Sticky-Back-Canvas (so cool), Paint Transfer, Gesso Transfer, Photo Tinting using her brand new-to-me CH Studio Extra Time slow-dry medium (I love this and so much better than any competition around), Peeled Paper, and on and on... I think you get the idea.


I like what we did with the CH Studio Peeled Paper: One tag, one dictionary page, peel that baby, and on the left side we stained the tag with CH Studio paint (altered orange): (1) on the left side we used Extra Time Medium with the paint; (2) on the right side we used the paint watered down; and (3) on the bottom we used the paint at full strength:


I really like the CH Studio Gesso Transfer. I really liked the image that Claudine shared with us of the tree. I had to use her landscape green paint on that tag. Let me say this about Claudine's paints. Many will look at the 2 fl. oz jar and think that's it? Well, let me tell you from experience, these paints last a long time. You don't need a lot of it because the paint is so rich, creamy, and luscious... trust me. Yes, I also know it depends on what you are doing and how much you need. For my needs, I can cut this paint with water, with extra time slow-dry medium, etc. I guess you get the idea I love them...

As always in Claudine's classes, the atmosphere is relaxed,

You know a little whooping and hollering and clapping never hurt anyone! Try it. (OK, my Okie background is showing....) She is a great artist and teacher who cares for her students and their experience in her workshop.

Yes, I admit it - the more paint on the hands the happier I am..... and while we are at it, I admit I am a Claudine groupie. I would stand backstage to get her autograph. OH YEA, I have it on almost every piece of Claudine items I have.... well, I would still stand backstage....

And so another day in the Breeze. Good news - I made it home before the rains came and it is a goodly rain out there (OKIE alert).....

See you tomorrow with more London adventures in our continuing saga of the photo sleeve album. Huggies to you all.... and remember that is hugs not ..........


11 comments:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Well you must be exhausted or super charged or both! from such a fantastic day! Good for you and what a lot of wonderful new tricks you've learned ... your painty hands look super too!!
oxo
word verification: "garcon"
wee wee

~*~Patty said...

I mean
Oui Oui
of course ;)

Lovey said...

You get to have so much fun Marlynn! So very cool for you and your bud! Big Hugs...
BTW..Thanks for Linking Up too!!

Lovey said...

OH FUNNY...I JUST GOT THE HUGIES JOKES!

Debby said...

So jealous, you must have had a great day. So much fun learning new techniques. Love the painted hands.
Debby

Diane said...

Oh, just the perfect day--and all the different techniques she taught--great!

Dorthe said...

Hi Marlynn,
Thanks for becoming a follower, I am glad you did,so I have the chance to visit you. Your blog looks so interesting,so I will return for more very soon.
Dorthe

Sugar Lump Studios said...

oh how fun! looks like a wonderful class and techniques learned! Love the photo of you and Claudine! beautiful! Happy Sunday to you m'dear!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How wonderful that Harley got his picture taken with Claudine. She's as good a sport as I imagined. How awesome. When you bring Harley, you bring the fun with you. Lots of great techniques there, girlie. And that apron is a hoot, too.

pklagrange said...

What a great day. So glad that you and Harley had a wonderful time. I did too. Kitty

Kelly Lish said...

So glad to now be following your blog-very nice to meet you!