Monday, May 10, 2010

Off to the dark side........of the Honeysuckles

Q = Queen or did I really cross over to the dark side with this creation? I created this about two weeks ago and I have literally let it just sit until today. It began with elements to work with:

No idea which I would work with, had this card sitting around for about six months:


This was vellum sewn to a playing card with an old book page from a French book.


Playing but Marie's image is too big and so I had to reprint it.... and then I wandered over the hill and into the dark side. Jeez - I could not decide if I was going to keep it or tear it apart and save the pieces...


It started careening out of control when I decided to reprint "off with their" and tried to pull it up. Oh oh.... So I added German scrap which was silver and way to bright. Took my Sharpie and colored it black to tone it down. Then decided to add Stickles around the neck to cover up another boo boo...... and on and on... then decided it needed a flower behind the Queen's Ladies:


And then I saw the "memory" and added it...... Done, Finis! And I suppose it will join the other alphabet cards unless I change my mind, my little suckles, and decide it is just way too over the top. Not sure even now....



Enjoy your evening!

7 comments:

Diane said...

Love it--my motto is more is more!

Debby said...

I am liking the dark side...

Terri said...

Bravo! You keep amazing me. I wouldn't know how to layer like you do!
But keep showing me, and maybe I will learn : )
Hugs,
Terri

LuLu Kellogg said...

I LOVE anything dark so I am lving this!

LuLu♥

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Oh my! the tears are perfection ... darkness is good sometimes! Fun to see you reveling in it a bit!
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your layers astound me. I like how you step us through the process. It really helps to see it develop. And the finished product is super and Quintessential Marlynn.

Unknown said...

Marlynn, You could never be way too over the top for me! I love this card. You have a gift for excess! ha! More is never enough! :)