Tuesday, May 18, 2010

WHAT - A photo sleeve Album? You gotta be kidding

Yes, that was my reaction when I started reading Stacy Julian's books. I couldn't get over the idea of a photo sleeve album.... come on, get real, and then I got hooked. OH my! I decided to experiment and do a London Album and here are just a few pages. This is a "quick and dirty" post since I need to do some other things related to - what else - tennis. LOL... Here is the original photo sleeve purchased at Target:


Add a black mat, a small cross stitch, and a little this and that:

What is fun about this cover is the cross stitch was bought in London at the Tower of London and I knew I wanted to use it someway with the photos. Inside cover:

What was challenging about the photo sleeves is the 4"x6" were suppose to be utilized with horizontal photos - so when in doubt print the photo larger and cut it in half and use two sleeves. LOL. Background paper and Transparency -- from Basic Gray. Bed and Breakfast Betsy, Ron, and I stayed at:
I also pulled out all of the "London" stamps I had along with some clip art....

And, of course, what would a trip be without Harley sitting on my travel journal. I do hope he wasn't doing other busy on it..... you know...

The layout above is a little crazy since it involves three photos of the same pub building printed in different sizes and then cut up to make the layout.....

And finally, one of my fav stamps is the "The Dapper Men" - just seemed sensible, in a British sort of way, to use the stamp with Big Ben at night! I hope you get an idea of how you can use your creative talent to face a challenge of using the photo sleeves. It did become a fun game to conquer this album. I know, I also fight windmills some days but why not. You all have a good evening and I will probably see you on Thursday for sure since we have a team match tomorrow night! Nighty night.... NCIS and Deadliest Catch, here I come...


3 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Stacy Julian used to be on a PBS show called Making Memories, or something like that. It's a 1/2 hour of scrapbooking. She's all about making quick and simple spreads, easy layouts, and not too many embellishments. Seems a bit of a reach for your style of art (grin), but these are very nicely done pages. I've seen the photo sleeve albums that have room for six photos on a page (2 X 3) and most people mat a couple of the photos, leave a couple plain, and journal on the sixth one. I really like yours. Guess you're watching NCIS. I'm taping it, so will watch when I have a few free minutes. Simply can't stand sitting through commercials.

Terri said...

I really like your photo sleeve pages.
How cool is that!!?
You are going to have such wonderfully preserved memories!

Unknown said...

These are TOO clever! And you make it look deceptively easy. :)