Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Honeysuckle Breeze Saturday

I am happy it is a Saturday. Yes, busy week and a good week. But, I didn't take time to stop and smell the honeysuckles this week. Sorry. Several things going on in my life. I've told you I have a new boss after 26+years. Good news - I like the new boss (but then I wouldn't be saying that if I didn't like him and were writing on a public byway....) Duh... He even gave us homework and I really ended up loving the book, Death by Meeting. Yes,you hear me right - I loved this business/management book. Usually puts me to sleep!

LOL--We had our going away party last Friday for "old " Got to spend time with "old" boss's wife,


Old boss (on left) and new boss (on right) and my boy toy Dilbert in the background! How about difference between old and new boss - one has hair.... same color as mine! LOL check both yellow ties)..... hmmmm


I have been trying to teach myself "how to crochet" and found a book, (and before you ask, no I do not have that little giggly smile on my face when I am crocheting.... oh no..... nope, GRRRRR)


Experimented,

and experimented and then got stuck on the turning chain link... oh well, will work on it later. Looks like a little worm to me (and I'm not going there),


And why do I want to crochet - easy answer: I didn't want to spend $80 for this wonderful crocheted necklace from the Art Saves site that Jenny Doh started.

So I ordered the kit for about $25. I love this necklace, don't ask me why but it has become a little obsessive with me so I am learning how to make it! Problem...... i have to learn to crochet? huh? $80 is looking good about now......


Going to a tea later on today and will have photos tomorrow. I want to make an ATC for PaperWhimsy exchange. This month it is "wings" and I'm going to try to do one that I will call Night Flyer. Not sure what image but will start with this one.



Okie, dokie - be back with you later after tea..... Cardio tennis got rained out this morning (after we had started) and on top of that I woke up at 5:30am without the alarm (it was set for later).... Hmmmmmm. But no alarm tomorrow morning. Have a good day my little suckles....

7 comments:

Debby said...

I am very happy you like new boss, must be sad to see old boss depart after so many years. I am thinking $80 bucks is looking very good, never could get that crochet stuff...lol...it is very cool necklace though. Okay, hope you had a lovely time at your tea.
Hugs,
Debby

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

How nice to be happy with THE change in your office after all those years, that's a good thing!
Funny, we think we can do it all ... every now and then ... well you know ;)
Hope you get to sleep in AND that you enjoyed your tea ... waiting for the dets!
oxo

Diane said...

Don't give up on the crocheting--once you "get" it--you'll see how easy it is, and it's like riding a bike too--you never forget. Good to hear that you like your new boss--it makes work alot more enjoyable.

Diane said...

Don't give up on the crocheting--once you "get" it--you'll see how easy it is, and it's like riding a bike too--you never forget. Good to hear that you like your new boss--it makes work alot more enjoyable.

Terri said...

I am glad the change in your office is going well. That makes life easier!
Crocheting is fun, but a bit fussy for me from time to time. I have made some things I really love. So I am sure you are going to do this necklace beautifully.You are so good at making things.
I hope you are having a fab weekend. Tomorrow should be beautiful in our area.
Did you know we are only about 4-5 hours away from each other?
Hugs,
Terri

Lovey said...

Happy Mother's Day Marlynn!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have missed you. It's good to hear the changes around your office are enjoyable. I know how people get forced out when changes in management occur.

That necklace looks complicated. I know how to crochet and knit, but I can't do either for long. It would have been so much harder if I'd learned by reading a book. My grandmother taught me, so it was almost painless (well, almost).