Friday, May 21, 2010

The Queen is Not Amused? Do Tell my Honeys

Sorry I missed you yesterday, but I was tuckered out after a busy week and late night tennis. Oh, well, we all have our excuses, don't we -- I'm not sure what Harley is up to - in hysteria or sleepy too. Yes, we are going to recline in bed and watch the Ghost Adventurers very soon. We have a great workshop planned tomorrow with Claudine Hellmuth and Harley is wanting to go to have his photo made with her. Yes, I'm thinking about it!

OK, I am shooing Harley away here and we will head back to London, while there one should always try to have tea with the Queen, don't you think? The gates around Buckingham Palace are enormous and of course the Queen's Ladies are always in waiting whatever that may mean....

William Shakespeare said, "It is a wise father who knows his own child." Not sure who Will was talking about - could be Hamlet or Ophelia, or Juliet, or Romeo. But nevertheless, it is a wise father.... I have always loved this photo of a young Queen Elizabeth taking on the heavy crown shortly after her father died way too young.

One cannot have a layout of the Palace without bringing in the Red Queen and her famous quote, "Off with Their Heads." I have to admit that I did use her one more time in a Tower of London lay out in front of the Traitors Gate.....

Just a reminder that the photo sleeve album does do really good with the four sleeve layout on two pages. I have shown you many layouts vertically because I am drawn toward that and it gives me the greatest challenge:


Well, my little honeysuckles, I am hearing the Ghostie Boys calling... so will quickly wrap this up with one last layout....


Yes, I did get carried away with Alice at the gates but she seemed to work in with it so well. Take care and I will be back tomorrow showing you what Claudine, me, and Harley create.... Harley better be careful or he may end up painted or mounted in a tag book.....



3 comments:

Diane said...

Love these pages, Marlynn--you have such a way. I'd be going with you today if I could--I think that I would be a bit starstruck with Claudine.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've always wanted to meet Claudine. Her simple, uncluttered collages are my favorite. (HMMM! I see a pattern here: Stacy Julian makes simple, uncluttered scrapbook pages, Claudine makes simple, uncluttered collages. Do you see a pattern here?).

Wish I were going with you and Harley today. Hope it was fun and enjoyable. BTW, I love those latest scrapbook pages. Alice and the Queen are delightful additions to your photos.

Lovey said...

These are great Marlynn...how do you come up with such variety? So much talent in you...