Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Peter Pan - Are We There Yet?

Needless to say Harley loved London and took to the tube the way a duck takes to water.... OK, I know I'm pushing it. Just be grateful I'm not putting a duck photo here, OK? When working on the Photo Sleeve Scrapbook, I "filed" all the photos on the pages where I thought I would use them. I had promised someone that I would find the Peter Pan Statue in London and take photos. You will also note in the scrapbook I have not done a lot of journaling - this was on purpose. I wanted the photo to visually tell you what the scene was,

Taking a photo of the bronze plate at the bottom of the statue told the story.

Try a rub-on (white flower) and a stamp - that is all this layout needed....

A chipboard vine accented with a little color. Chipboard on outside of sleeve - yes, just glued on.

I fell in love with this "fairy" tree near the statue and could only imagine what it was like in its spring greenery! I had stamped the two women on an odd piece of paper and decided it would work along with a small image of the Peter Pan statue cut out and glued to the photo. (Yes, we all do march to our own little drummer, don't we?)

And what would a few days in London be without a trip to the Theatre! One of my fav actors David Suchet (you will remember him from Hercule Poriot). The play was magnificent. As I have said before, this is a quick way to layout your vacation photos and, if you plan it and you don't want a lot of journaling, let the page tell it all visually. OK, boys and girls, I have to go back out and play come competitive tennis tonight. Late night - and a busy day tomorrow at work but we won't think of that right now (she says as she yawns!) .... You have a hunky dorey night, Okie Dokie?

5 comments:

Terri said...

Fabulous layouts Marlynn! Your pages do tell a story, and a really good story. I can see that you did enjoy your trip.
Hugs,
Terri

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These really do tell a story. I think the journalling is the part I don't like about scrapbooking. I don't mind writing about the trip, but don't want the "personal" journal prompts that never seem to fit my style of writing.

I love the way you have captured the story without a lot of excess words, something uncharacteristic for you, my dear (grin). I always take pictures of the outside of buildings, plaques, markers, or whatever that is enough of a prompt for me. Glad to see that's your philosophy, too.

You're on to tennis, and I'm off to watch the Lakers wrap up. Probably don't need to, since I saw the game, but I can't get enough Lakers, especially this time of year.

Diane said...

I envy you--I would love to go there, and I love the way you recorded it--it must be fun to look at these and remember.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Fun 'seeing' what you described to me at tea M!
Peter Pan looks great with his head on too! ;)
oxo

Lovey said...

Hugs Marlynn!!! London...Wowie! I totally love your energy! Tennis..Sweet!