Sunday, November 2, 2008

Back home!


HI everybody! Yup, I made it back home from Madison and did some journaling as an experiment. I will be adding a little bit more to the pages done in the hotel room -- maybe. I wish I could stop fiddling with them but they don't feel just quite done yet. However, I will let you have a peek. It is an early morning here in Northern Virginia. This time changing sucks either way. Waking up at 6:00 am which is really 7:00 am doesn't make any bit of difference when I am yawning tonight at 9:00 pm which is really 8:00 pm. Get my drift? Alright, you have read thru my whining.....

The trip to Madison was for the most part uneventful. However, you might notice the printing on the right side that says, "Smoke on the Plane." That was fun when a fire alarm went off in the small little plane to Madison from Chicago. Guess that was a little toilet cubby hole the flight attendant was looking in - he was just too cute already! I was not worried, I knew he would save us. Also figured it must not be a big deal since the pilot was not turning around to go back to Chicago. Hey what's a little hazy smoke among friends. I tried to reassure the big guy sitting next to me that it was probably the first time they had turned on the "heat" in the airplane and it was just burning off whatever. . . Sounded good, huh? Do you notice the plane headed down in the first page? Nope, didn't affect me... or is it effect vs affect.... what the hell, there's smoke in the cabin...... YIKES. Nope, nope, wasn't that bad.

TV stations SUCKED in the hotel room. OK, I was in the midwest BUT 4 sports channels? Get real. One movie channel - HBO - they had no Halloween stuff. NOTHING.... no Sci-Fi - I won't get over this. I missed my guys in their ghost pursuit live in Colorado. 4 sports channels? I don't care about the Packers or the other big 10 teams. I want my Sci-Fi Channel that the 4 sports channels were taking up. I'm writing a letter to Paris Hilton. OK, it is way too early in the morning -- need to get going since I play catch on this Sunday with errands. I guess Halloween went and past - - - didn't see much of it in Madison. 4 Sports Channels? OMG........

1 comment:

Annette said...

Four sports channels is not odd, Marlynn. However, NO SCI FI??? How do they live? My hubby lives on the SciFi Channel, especially when he can't sleep late at night.