Monday, November 10, 2008

Oh my, oh my.... cleaning is ugly


All day yesterday, I worked on the second bedroom, aka craft room, aka art studio, aka chaos! I am also looking for a small 4"x4" cross stitch that goes on the front of the silver London photo sleeve album I completed recently. It is somewhere but has been lost since July. I really really thought it was on the bed - but alas, it was not. I scratched my head, got on my knees and prayed, and still no luck. But the quest goes on.

Don't you just love it when you discover old stuff. Like old journals and what you have done in them. That is like the best and then I get all excited about them again and think I gotta stop making new ones and just finish filling up the old ones. Too much fun and creativity in my world. I get Tuesday off!!! Veterans day and then I will finish in this room. Or at least get the most part of it done. I have to say I am so proud of myself for not just getting bags and tossing everything in and then cramming them into the closet and hope: 1) I d not die before I get the closet cleaned, or 2) no one would accidentally open the door and everything comes tumbling out..... I have been throwing things into that closet for a number of pre-Thanksgiving clean-ups prior to Aaron's visits. Luckily no goblins jumped out in the middle of the night and got him.


Back to journals. I made this one in a workshop I took from Beverly Seymour (B-Line Stamps). She is really a good instructor and so patient. I have taken a number of classes with her when she has come to Angela's Happy Stamper. I love this journal and especially the "three" specific sections to it. I am really crazy about the stamp of the French lady and first discovered it in a workshop I did with a friend of mine Beth. Beth really got me started on Encaustic Wax and this image is only colored with that wax. I did highlight her face with color pencils before applying the wax to the image. She is so fun, so french, so naughty. I used her in the journal as a tag.


I did several pages on my trip to Salem, MA, and Concord's Little Women's House (Orchard Cottage). The Little Women story is a special one that will be told when I introduce you to my sewing muse, Joni. Yes, I know I am teasing you, but you will meet her through her art. I admire her.


In this journal I have a section on Karma. Karma's a bitch but we have to deal with her. She comes creeping into your life, and yes, you have usually done something wrong, and she exalts. Then she blows you a kiss and you know it is gonna land on you at the most inopportune time.



As I said she is a bitch. I suppose for those not familiar with Ms. Karma - best way to explain her is "what goes around comes around." However, one you are paid back for whatever you did that wasn't good.... it is done, hopefully, because you learned your lesson. If not, get ready because she will revisit you! Always behave in a manner that you would want to be treated. Easier said than done. Love the thought below and will close on that thought. I have planned an album/journal/whatever on past loves, past regrets or not, and happiness. . .


No comments: