Tuesday, November 11, 2008

7:30 am - first cup of coffee



Yes, today is a holiday and one we need to remember. My father was a WWII vet, my grandfather a WWI vet. Many of my friends served in Viet Nam which was our war and some friends have sons that have fought in Desert Storm and the current whatever-we-call-it-war (I have my own name). So this is a short tribute to all those who fought to keep our country safe. Thank you.

I am off work today and am back in the black hole of a "studio" (craftroom, 2nd bedroom) and have to get a move on it today. Doesn't the first cup of coffee always taste the best! Before I headed up to my black hole, I saw my Rolodex -- NOT just any Rolodex -- but my Korie inspired Rolodex! Shout out to * KORIE * I am not going to bore you here with all my kudos to Korie but she is an extremely talented young artist. (Yes, Korie, "young" here is relevant and in comparison to my age you are young!) She creates ideas for projects like I would create my grocery list.
A year ago she places this Rolodex on her web site showing the world what she has done. And of course, you too, could buy one and have your dreams and life organized (my words not hers - I dream BIG). So I bought one and have to say -- I love it. I have ignored it for a while creating projects to submit for publication, traveling, work, tennis.... but after I get this room cleaned, and Aaron has a bed to sleep in for Thanksgiving, I know, I know you are tired of hearing this tale of woe. Go take a peek at Aaron's web site while I moan and groan.
The Rolodex is a fun project and is quick. Korie did tell me some secrets about how to create them quickly and move on to the next. I love the one I created right before I took a class with Korie called "The Last Train to Paris."




I am still on my quest to find the missing cross stitch. However, I can report to you that last night after tennis (I sucked-kind of) I went on a search for the cross-stitch pattern. Don't know why I didn't think of that before, but in my fervor it slipped my mind that I could make one quicker then keep looking for it. I do have my fingers crossed that I will find it now that I have started the second one. Yes, I am cross-stitching my little heart out.
Oh how I need my second cup of coffee......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Miss Marlynn,
You know I love you more than my luggage...
XOXO
K