Saturday, November 8, 2008

When I grow up in Honeysuckle Breeze land

"When I grow up I want to be an old womanWhen I grow up I want to be an old womanOh, an o-o-o-o-old, an old, old woman"



Have you heard the Kaiser ad on TV with all the old women.......? I love the song and thought for a while it was sung by one of my favorite vocalists, Buffy Sainte-Marie, but when googling it I discovered is it a song written and sung by Michelle Shocked. Great song if you haven't caught it. I figured I would give equal time to my brother, also, he is getting old too. Yup, my younger baby brother but only by 13 months. OK, I just wanna be an old woman.....

Today, wow, today. I have been so busy and not anything to do with my art stuff.... well kind of not. Today the baby girl cost around $ 460....... all because of a silly seat belt sensor and a new battery. But she is worth it. I love the little buggy.



While I waited for 3 hours from 8am-11am -- I did get work done I brought from work and it did feel good doing the work and NO interruptions! YEA. I then had a big gorilla in the room which I had to address. You see Thanksgiving is approaching and my deal nephew (no not Oliver the four-legged one) needs a bed to sleep on when he and his father (my brother) comes to visit. So the first item of business was the bathroom and closet in the craft room (aka art studio) --


So I have been cleaning out today! I did get the bathroom (it had all sorts of craft stuff stuck in there - why -- I can't remember, it just was the easiest place to drop stuff AND I had to clean out the closet to get the "bins" which I organized and put together into the closet. So I started with pulling stuff out of the closet and separating a pile for the Goodwill (which I just got back from delivering.....feels good)! Closet clean! Bathroom - kind of clean! REWARD time....Popcorn and ice cream. I love you all BUT ..... popcorn and ice cream is a callin' in Honeysuckle Breezeland. oh boy..... Hopefully, tomorrow I will get the bed cleaned off and then I can create something. I have to create something. Ever since I sent the last Marie art item lost I am feeling like an orphan .... whine whine..... ICE CREAM will make it all better.

I might figure out what to do with this thing / the little blue and red claw...... maybe that will be my challenge - found it when I was cleaning the scary closet..... a movie in the making? Looks like a "tale from the darkside" to me.


You gotta admit it is a little mysterious! Ice Cream calleth!

No comments: