Monday, November 24, 2008

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving - OH BOY


The honeysuckles are in bloom and the breeze is warm -- at least in my world. In your world, it is frickin' cold outside as I look out at 9:30 am. Yes, I am dressed and not in my jammies. I need to get my butt moving and go to the grocery store. I discovered several years ago that if I keep my same Thanksgiving Day shopping list from year to year, I don't have to reinvent it every time. WOW, what a concept! I have been busy as you know. Finished most of what I started yesterday and even had time to create a little. I made a trip to Goodwill. Don't know what came over me when dusting (it had been a long time) and decided it was time to give some knick knacks away that no longer were near and dear to my heart.



I finished the "Where I'm From" book that was started in Korie's Summer in Paris workshop. It is now done and ready to give away. A number of year's ago I did a Recollections workshop (no, I promise not to go off about Michaels closing it) with Sarah (who is a beautiful soul) and it was one of the few creations I went home and immediately finished up. It was a Recipe Album for the holidays and I so wanted to get all my recipes in it that had been held together in an old magazine on top of the refrigerator. I did finish it -- got photos in and am still adding photos from year to year... I keep some mementos in it like the movie tickets the three of us always manage to get in every year. So it is a working book and over the years has some of its own little grease stains. I know, kiddies, how touching.


The caption on these photos are "Bad Hair Day" -- the only one with nice hair is Aaron. This was at a time when I was finally growing out the red hair to let the silver gray happen. I had to add our cowboy/cowgirl photos to dress the page up.


I also finished the little London taxi cross stitch for the London album. I may try to get it over to Aaron Brothers in order to get a dark blue mat cut for it. Maybe today. It is suppose to rain later on and I get to play tennis tonight indoors! Life is good. I had better get moving or all the stuff I want to do won't get done! Tomorrow morning is an early one for a dental appointment which is only a cleaning. Till tomorrow kiddies! Think warm breeze in my honeysuckle land....... Cookies, anyone?

No comments: