Saturday, November 22, 2008

Honeysuckle Breeze and Claudine! YES, Claudine!


OK, I admit it, I can be a groupie just like anyone else -- or at least those who admit it! I know who you are.... Today, I get to go to Angela's Happy Stamper and meet Claudine Hellmuth. Of course, I feel I already know Claudine. I have purchased items from her, we have exchanged e-mails (as she would with any other person out there), and I read her blog faithfully. Since she moved to the D.C. area last August, I have been waiting for a chance to meet her at one of our very FEW privately owned stamping stores. Right now we have the Queen's Ink and Angela's. Michaels and AC don't count and, altho, I still shop at Michaels -- I still hate Michaels for closing Recollections. You all know I'm not going to get over this one. You Suck Michaels. OK, I lost it.

Back to reality (mine not yours), in 2006 I bought a book by Claudine. I have always loved collaging even as a young child. Claudine's book, collage discovery workshop, can be found locally and is an excellent tool to work with. It so inspired me that I had an accordian book bought at a conveniton that I had no idea what I was going to do with..... and like many other things I was hoarding it. Her last chapter was called "Storytelling With Collage." BAM, the light bulb went off and I ran around gathering my magazines called "Realm" (a Brittish thing) and started painting, walunt inking, clipping, and glueing.....

The final product:
This vignette was called, "he couldn't become a distant memory soon enough to suit her." And so started the tale of all women out there who have left their man or their man left them - whatever. He left or probably should have been kicked out to begin with.... you get the drift this is flowing? I especially love the "Miss Marple" page (for those not familiar with the PBS series the image I used is of the actress who plays Miss Marple) ". . .and then I ripped his lungs out." You go girl.... (No your eyes are not deceiving you....Yes, that is a sealing wax impression of the Eifel Tower over his crotch.)



So, hopefully I will have some photos tomorrow of me and Claudine.... one way or another. Remember -- I am a Groupie!

No comments: