Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Oh boy, fun stuff in the mail and sundry stuff

It is one of those cold cold evenings in Northern Virginia. Brrrrrr..... It is Wednesday night and I have a few minutes because we aren't going to have outdoor tennis any more on Wednesdays until spring time. Which is OK. Saturday morning tennis is also cancelled until early spring. I already feel the pounds piling on -- have to come up with some kind of cardio - two indoor tennis time spots during the week won't do it..... I know I keep trying to convince myself it is all because it is winter and my body is feeling like it is going to freeze to death if I don't make it warm with those naught fat cells. Ewwwwwweeeeeee.

Tonight in the mail I got some really cool stuff which I have to promise myself I will use and not hoard. I know many of you also have the problem of hoarding some supplies because they are so darn precious... These are wonderful unmounted rubber stamps from Michelle Ward's GreenPepper Press. They are called "Rough Draft" and I have been meaning to buy them for quite a while -- just needed a push. Her upcoming workshop in Wisconsin next October uses these shapes. When I was in Estonia in 2004 we stayed at an Estonia Orthodox Monestary. The spirals were breathtaking and I have some photos of the beautiful place. For those who have been following this blog I used one photo of the sisters' graveyard featuring the nuns graves marked by beautiful silver crosses... row on row on row.

The next items that came in the mail were vintage math flash cards. They are so cool. Also a metal tag and Jeanette's "calling card." She has many other stuff on her web site and I know that stuff is calling to me ======> buy me, buy me, buy me. But I think I will state this fact outloud(remind me later), "I will use these few items up first before I buy anything more from Jeanette." You should go and see her tiny little dolls. Oh my, oh my. They are talking to me. I am holding my hands over my ears saying, "I don't hear you." Jeanette Janson is a mixed media artist from the Carolinas. I discovered her from another blog I am following. What a joy! From the above link you can also locate her blog and Etsy shop.

And from my wonderful friend, Korie, I received the transparent Rolodex dividers. Korie, as you know, is one of my favorites. Such a talented artist and wonderful young lady. I love her packaging!

It is getting close to that time of the year, again, and I should start thinking about how I am going to "wrap" Christmas presents. Many times I use baskets and holiday bags to package the gifts I am giving.

And so, speaking of packaging. Here is one I made this past summer. I really love it. It is a paper mache box which looks like a book. I painted the outside a midnight blue before decorating.


I love the Tim Holtz movie theatre paper and coupled with Korie's "popcorn" which she sells on her blog - you have a great little box. Inside I decorated with more Tim Holtz paper and then rubber stamped some "tickets" and glued them to the box. Making tags are very special since you can personalize them for the individual you are giving the gift too. So, this has been my day in my little Honeysuckle land and it has been pretty good! Hope your day was good too!


2 comments:

Boutade said...

Oh! Hoarding! I am so guilty of that. I can't use my darling materials. Those stickers, stamps, watercolors and other sundry things are too precious to use!

Busted.

Marlynn said...

Oh baby Boutade, you've been busted for a long time - that's why I love you. We are of the tribe Hoarders!

XoXoXo