Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Waxing Wanly - Oh My.......


OK, who wants to come and play with me at a Claudine Hellmuth workshop in Alexandria, Virginia, February 6th???? Come on, you know you want to do it. We will have so much fun playing together and getting waxie and then we can feign our wanness and have tea brought to us by Claudine.... Okie Dokie, I'm waking up from the dream right now.

I really love playing with wax. The photo to the left is a work I created following a workshop at Angela's Happy Stamper several years ago. It was a gift for my aunt. The photo I used is one of Aunt Mary around four to five years old and my mother, between the ages of one-two. I love it so much and you can see I use the image a lot.... like in the blog banner...

So the question arises, "would I miss a Claudine workshop on waxing?" Oh no, not on your life. Yes, I know I have her collage book, Collage Discovery Workshop, and her DVD, Beeswax Collage, But....... I can work with her in person and ask questions. So.... on Friday, Claudine posted a new workshop in our area titled Waxing Poetic -- The Art of Beeswax Collage. It will be held all day on Saturday, Feb. 6, 2010. I hope someone will come out and play with me and Claudine. Yes, I have already signed up. She writes, ". . .Learn how to create a collage entirely with beeswax - no other glues or adhesives are necessary! You'll learn beeswax transfers, stamping in wax, layering collage, glazing colors and more!...."

To read more about this workshop: Beeswax Collage Workshop in Alexandria.

Go here to register: Waxing Poetic - The Art of Beeswax Collage.

Come on, you know you want to go........ So, come and join me!

3 comments:

Louise S said...

OK You talked me into coming to play. I signed up this afternoon and can't wait.

Marlynn said...

OH boy, Louise... I am so glad you are coming out to play.... It will be fun, I know it will. I know it will.

Terri said...

I adore the collage you did! It is so creative! I will go check out her workshop.
I received the fantastic art work you sent me!!! It is amazing! I love every thing about it. You inspired me to sew on one of my Christmas cards. The envelope was so beautifully decorated as well. Thank you so much for such a wonderful gift! Hugs,
Terri