Monday, December 21, 2009

Marie Antoinette Tree Redux among the Breeze

Yes, she was a bit of a tragic figure in history... the glamour, the decadence, the richness, the poor crying out for bread as the wealthy rode in their sleds dressed in their white furs, snow falling, yes, heading to Paris for the Opera during the winter months. In the beginning, she was a beloved princess and later on a Queen. However, eventually the mood of the country turned on the Queen and King and an era of bloody revolution crept into the kingdom........

But this Christmas we will remember the beauty and glorious revelry of her court. And so the Marie tree saga begins. When first you saw it, I had thrown it together and really did not have enough ornaments or silver leaves. Back to Michaels and another redecorating began in earnest the day (Friday) before the snow storm moved in. Here are the results of the white tree....... Larcy provided the jewel initial "M" and up it when right by the tree.

Next the tree topper .....

Found a wonderful Santa on sale and how could I resist him?

We can't forget the "Snow Queen" which I have had for several years. She worked out well in the Marie landscape....

And, of course, the mantel had to come along for the silvery ride this year. Yes, I got the staple gun out and proceeded to staple everything including my thigh.... cute, very cute....


So this year's tribute has been paid to Marie....


tomorrow the "Red" tree and dining room..... As I have been posting I have had a little white puppy watching my keystrokes. Yup, Oliver is visiting while daddy and mommy catch up on Christmas shopping....

watching the snow is so much fun..... OK, not melting, you think maybe it's the birds? I think we need some cuddle time....

2 comments:

Terri said...

Marlynn, your decorating is coming along fabulously! I loved reading your post about Marie. Your M tree is topped perfectly.
I am too trying to do a little more decorating tomorrow. Today there were lots of errands to run.
Hugs!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Gorgeous post and ooh la laa what a tree = Mon Dieu!!!
oxo