Sunday, December 20, 2009

One lollapalozza snow storm in the Breeze


I'm sure many of you have heard and some of you are living through the snow storm on the East Coast. WOW, WOW, WOW, snowed and snowed and snowed starting Friday night at 8pm and ended at some point Sunday morning in the early am. Today was the dig out day. Yesterday, it was beautiful and kept me inside to decorate...... which is a good thing.....


Two decorated trees later (Marie and Red tree) and many decorations more, I had to face the Piper this afternoon and dig the car out. Yes, my car is under one of those snow piles.....


Here is a recap of the snow of my century! This is the biggest snow storm I have experienced. Out here in Sterling at my condos we had close to 24" - all on my car.
My car - one wiper standing up above the snow.....my brave little shark....


Row up on row of cars, all buried......


The calm after the storm.... or the "morning after" ......



This bush has never looked more beautiful. And Sir Gargoyle Sr. sat and kept watch over the condo no matter how deep it piled up! I'm a lucky girl.....


After all is said and done, the car got dug out thanks - yes, many many many thanks to Oliver's daddy - Phil, who literally shoveled me out. Yes, I tried to help with my trusty dustpan and broom.... and then baked him a homemade pumpkin pie with whipped cream and hot chocolate....... Love that guy - and Larcy and Oliver tooooo.....



Tomorrow you will start to see the fruits of my labor in decorating - yes, this coming from the one who said Bah Humbug No Decorating this year..... We will start with the Marie tree revisited. Yes, I took it all apart and put more stuff on it.....

Until tomorrow, stay warm and cozy!


3 comments:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Phil is a PRINCE ... you rewarded him handsomely too!

The snow is gorgeous! Ho Ho Snow
oxoxo

Terri said...

Wow, that is a lot of snow!
We were hoping to get some of that down here in NC but no luck....
Your tree is so very pretty! I can't wait to see what you have been up too during that storm!

Larcy said...

I have to tell you, I was dying laughing inside when you walked out with your broom and dust pan. With all that snow, that was like bringing out a teaspoon and a cereal bowl to clear the snow.