Thursday, December 17, 2009

This one is dedicated to Marie A, wherever you are



Marie Antoinette has been very good to me this year. I have created three separate works and each one has been published by either Somerset Studio or Somerset Gallery. So having trouble this year getting into the spirit of the season, I stopped at two different Michaels last night after work and found exactly what I needed to honor the lady.

At one Michaels I found the lonely and only three foot high prelit white Christmas tree - no box - took it from the display, and then proceeded to walk around the store decorating it, kind of.


Yes, I am one of those old women you see in craft stores and you cock your eyebrow wondering which asylum let her out.... yes, that's me when I am on a mission. Out of my way or I'll run you over with my darting cart. Will publish more photos for you tomorrow, but you get the drift? I may even get under the stairs and pull some other stuff out and decorate tomorrow since I have the day off and it is the beginning of my vacation. Ho Ho Ho........ instead of ....... Bah Humbug...... Yes, I'm smiling....


2 comments:

Terri said...

Gorgeous tree Marlynn! I can just picture you in Michaels!
I am so glad you are feeling the season. I saw your beautiful art in Somerset Gallery (as I think I have said before...) I also posted a link about 5 of you who are in it at PW. I think we could call this issue the Paperwhimsy issue!
Wish I lived around the corner from you, I would come over and see your tree! (and give you a hug!)

Julie Prichard said...

Great mental image you painted....I LOVE your tree...so pretty!!