Monday, December 28, 2009

Autumn Blue Mist in the Honeysuckles?

Only in the Honeysuckles would you have Autumn Blue Mist in December. Okay, I admit it. I really do - I am only 2 1/2 months late with the October Hilda Conkling Challenge over at PaperWhimsy.... (I am hanging my head in shame right now).

I love this image which you can purchase at the PaperWhimsy. In fact, I love all of the images over there..... For this challenge I had to "color" the butterfly, the leaves, and the acorns. Yes, this time it was called color in the lines...... and I think that might be one reason I left this one go so long besides getting busy at the office and tennis and then Thanksgiving and then (yes, boys and girls, an excuse for every day...)

The final four poems were posted in December and also will be "color" them.... my style. And, after getting over the shock of coloring, I had a lot of fun pulling out all of my color pencils. I discovered early that felt tips would not work on an ink jet heavy stock copy.

The poem is called Autumn Blue Mist:

"This is night's own trailing wind
That goes by in blue mist
When morning wakes.
No fire breathes and puffs it out
Across the sun.
This is autumn on an October morning...
Early hills
Fields in a veil."


I decided to stick with the blue instead of autumn colors. Yes, I did use those colors first but didn't get that gut creative feeling to go with it.

After looking at the butterfly - hmm - or is she a moth....in her blue, I knew she needed what every girl needs -- glitter! I whipped those stickles out so fast made the wings flutter....



Once I settled on the blue, the piece flowed. Hope you enjoy my girl and her poem.




1 comment:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

absolutely gorgeous and tis true ... better late than never!!!
I have just been playing with some PW images in my Dec Art Journal (Holly and Ivy) ... I miss my PW connection!
going back for another look, I am such a fan of bleu/blau/blue!!!
oxo