Saturday, December 5, 2009

Snowey Day in the Honeysuckles

Trivia.....during the past number of years, our (Washington, DC area) first snow fall has been on December 5. Well it came today as our first snow fall and was fun as it progressed through the day. Started out today, knowing it would snow with the plan to do a "real" breakfast and fix stew in the crock pot.... and I did just that....


Is your seat belt on? I am digressing....rescused my pot holder hanging outside, yes, before the snow started. I had spilled tomato sauce last Sunday when cooking chili for Oliver. I did a hand washing and hung it ourside to dry....If you are old enough, I'm sure you remember laundry hanging outside on the clothesline and that wonderful smell you had when you took it down. The smell is serenity! The pot holder had that smell.


OK, one more little digression here...... Goyle keeping watch prior to the heavy snow fallling....



OK, bear with me... Goyel in the snow,



And we can't forget Goyle, Jr. Hey, I'm making this story up as we go along here, boys and girls. Be nice or I will turn the Goyles into nastie ones....



Now to business..... I did get a Christmas tag done which will serve as a Christmas card to an artist friend (met on line) living in California. She will get it. She will laugh and not be offended.... i'm certain. I teased you about this one in the post yesterday and here "she" is in all her glory. First of all I did prepare a number of tags and distressed them...


Let me introduce you to the tag known as Ho Ho Ho.....




Yes, I kept Santa out of the window and used the snow man.... I wonder if we all have had, at one time or another, a snow man in our lives? Hmmmmm. This tag took a while because I found some cool beads and after glittering the tree added them as the ornaments.



After adding the words "technical terms"


I needed to add something to the bottom of the tag, always so fun when one addition makes you add another one, huh? Black "lace" is always fun.



Enjoy your evening, boys and girls. I need to create at least one more tag today. This one took way too long working on the "little" stuff. Stay warm tonight..... I plan on crock pot stew and flannel sheets tonight....... Love the first snow, nice and wet and already starting to melt on the streets because the streets were too warm to begin with!

2 comments:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

I Love snow and find it especially nice that it has chosen my bday to do its thing for the last five years :)
We were in Baltimore where it snowed alot less than that, we did get to see some flakes tho!
Your tags sure are fun, some soup and hot cider sound just right!
Stay Warm!
oxo

Unknown said...

Ho Ho HO is priceless! Love it!

We got our first snow fall today and it's a doozy. The kids are hoping for school to be closed tomorrow (and they confidently stayed up too late). May happen. 2" will close them there, especially with a layer of ice underneath like we will have.

verification word: "antsic"-
antics for dyslecixs

oops, mispelled it! That's what I get for playing around!
Got another one. "etercups"- hmm. Pretty little flowers or an unusually large bra size.
If you don't hear from me again, it means I posted correctly...:)