Sunday, December 6, 2009

Serenity among the Honeysuckles....

Been a lovely day here in the Breeze. Those who are needing an Oliver fix, you can go over and check out his blog (It's All About the Little White Dog) detailing his day in the snow yesterday. He has the cutest butt of any dog I know. And yes, I am prejudice. Also check out the cross-dressing Pink Santa with ruby red lips Larcy bought on eBay.... oh yea, a cross dresser but Larcy had to have him.

I've been busy working on tags. I managed to get three done today. This one will be going to Missouri and is called Joyeux (yes, black garter and all):

I did "glitter" her up - which you can see a little.....


This one, called "Peace" -- is going to Washington, D.C. - to a very gentle soul:

I kept it more "simple" and clean than I usually do....


And this one is staying close - it is for a Christmas package.... I call this one, "Eat Cake":


I may or may not glitter the cupcake..... will be playing more with it later but it doesn't have to get in the mail.

This is the first time I have sewn through mica and was a little worried about the needle breaking but went through just fine. Next job is to finish three more I have ready to be laid down and then work on envelopes.

This morning, I did manage to get out and get my car cleaned off and run to the grocery store. That lovely snow ended up being a good 5 inches - on my car..... I kind of forgot that yesterday in the beauty of the moment. I did find some lovely apple cider (heat with two cinnamon sticks!),


and had it in my new glass coffee mug found at Starbucks.

Hope your upcoming week is good! Take care, boys and girls, and I will be back to visit with you soon.



2 comments:

Terri said...

I love your post. Oliver looks adorable! Your tags are truly amazing, I am so glad I get to see what you do on your blog.
We didn't get any snow, but it got darn cold, 35ish, that's cold for us.
I would love to see a little snow before Christmas.

Unknown said...

I am totally stealing your froofy garter idea! I have some of those, but haven't got a good use for them-- until NOW!

YES! Glitter up that cupcake of Marie's. "More is never enough" does apply on that tag.