Monday, February 2, 2009

Truth in Packaging and Advertising - NOT

I am not headed out to tennis tonight since I pulled a muscle in my back this morning. However, I have to share my experience at the grocery store yesterday afternoon. NO, Korie there are no "old people lips" tonight. After creating Sunday morning on the Gorey calendar and after lamenting Roger's loss to Rafael in the tennis game, my cold and I (red nose and all) headed to the store to gather just a few more items for the week.

I hit Shoppers, then had to go Giant. Shoppers seemed to be out of some of my essentials. While at Giant I passed the cookie aisle. Yes, I was feeling sick, weary, bleary eyed, hacking cough, sore nose, and felt nothing would really make me feel better than cookies. Cookies don't tempted me too much - not like popcorn. Cookies are OK. However the box drew me to it. The box led me to believe that these cookies would be so moist and good they would melt in my mouth. What was I thinking. Had the cold infiltrated my brain?

You gotta admit the box was tempting.




Inside:


What more can I say. Little dweebs. Truth in Packaging and Advertising have a way to go before this product gets it right. I think they tasted like cardboard but I have to admit my taste buds weren't working real well. Enough said - cough and I are hanging out tonight. It is getting chilly...

1 comment:

Boutade said...

Oh you made me laugh so hard with "little dweebs", hee! What a riot of an adventure, that picture of the cookies is worth a thousand wah wah wahhhs. But how could you go wrong with a great line like "simply enjoy"?

I have an ad line of my own:

Life with honeysuckle breeze. It's just...better.