Sunday, February 15, 2009

Honeysuckle Sunday almost gone


Where did the day go. It is already dusky outside and dinner is cooking. I went to the store this morning to buy the fixin's for a roast, came home with everything except the roast. Hmmmm, where was my mind. So, I did what Martha would do. . . I think I read it in her magazine. Pulled out some chicken breasts, thawed them real quick and improvised in the crock pot. Got a small potato boiling in water with rosemary and garlic bread in the oven.

Yes, boys and girls, this is the last supper for a few days. The old cleaning the system out once again (this will be the third time and I am not amused) begins in the morning with the procedure done on Tuesday afternoon instead of morning (even more like not amused) - just because they think it is touchy because I'm on blood thinners? Come on guys, live a little.


I almost forgot I wanted to show you my roses a friend gave me for my birthday last week. I brought them home after tennis, put them in water, and when I woke up in the morning they looked wilted and bowed over. OH NO. So I really gave them a cutting and put in a small pitcher I had and they came back.

Today, I started to create something. Not sure what it will be but got inspired by the Cupid cardboard box in the Somerset in Love publication. Went on line an found a template for an arch. Cut out the card board and covered with book pages.



Never done anything like this and I have no idea where this is going to lead. Not yet done with the first layout. Those who know me know how I keep going back and building. I think this will be called "the little castle" - a place where Beethoven played. We will see. Anyway, here is a peek. Not totally pleased with this "Mama" page -- not yet but will walk away and look at it tomorrow. Tomorrow is a holiday and I will be at home..... and no tennis tomorrow, I will be doing my "running" at home thank you....


Will keep this short since I need to run down and check on dinner. Have a good evening. Will visit with you tomorrow in the midst of jello and clear liquids!

No comments: