Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lutradur the sequel X 2


Time to take a break and post to the blog before going off to finish the laundry, take a bubble bath, and practice my Wii Tennis. I have had an enjoyable day working on my Lutradur book and am almost done with it. I will show you the fruits of my labor. While working on it today I realized I needed to wrap my mind around the fact that it IS material and should be treated as such. Once I got that in my mind the time it took to create something grew shorter. I had to think of both the front and back of the "page" because tacky glue, markers, stickles will bleed through to the other side. That is OK when you plan to create that way and decide which side of the page you want to work on first.

Today I took the book a part and sewed it together instead of using the ribbon through the holes I burned into it yesterday. I like that better since my holes were like really really uneven. *shutter* I added some vintage ribbon to the cover to "cover up" the HOLE.


Next page I worked on was the "transfer" page using the most wonderful transfer paper that Lesley Riley is going to be distributing soon. It was so easy to iron onto the page and came off so clean. She used her Epson printer to print onto the transfer paper. Must put this on my "to buy" list soon. For more information on the "Transfer Artist Paper" go to her website TAP.

I added the word "bliss" and made the letters into what hopefully looks like balloons. Originally I drew "strings" using Marvy markers but they kept bleeding into the Lutradur and faded away. I then added the stickles which worked.


On the backside of that page I wanted to stick with the color scheme. If you look closely you can see the transfer of balloons peeking through. I had a wonderful thank you card from a friend and cut out the flowers. I then added a chipboard panel covered with left over butterfly paper and glued a pair of scissors on top. In class this was the page we experimented on using embossing powder. The bottom dark blue and sunny corner are the portions that are embossed.


Following bliss was a page we stamped using Claudine Hellmuth paints. Next time I will use "chunky" stamps because my rubber stamps do not show up too well. I added the vintage clip and a cut out phrase from an old notepad, "she never guessed that cooking for one could be such a delight." I used this phrase for one reason only - it was purple.


On the last page of the day I realized that I could not Tacky Glue anything to the page since I had finished the previous page with the "purple" statement on cooking and Tacky would bleed through. SO, I experimented with my crocodile and found an old tag I created last year and just put it in with eyelets. Almost done. May or may not work on it later tonight but for now I am pleased.


Tonight is steak night! I am just so happy this past week is over and I'm not going to have to fast for any old tests for awhile! BLISS! Last thing I want to do before cleaning in this studio is put the ribbon around my Claudine Hellmuth canvas I made yesterday. I want to hang it in a place to remind of the techniques available for me to use. I do get into such a rut sometimes. I will once again say this: Claudine's Studio acrylic paints are RICH:


1 comment:

~*~Patty S said...

Love your Lutradur pages = amazing! I was so sorry we were just returning from the beach and I missed Lesley's class at Angela's!