Monday, February 23, 2009

Honeysuckle Breeze Library


Welcome to my library my dear little boys and girls. Here is what I am "reading" - the term "reading" may be not be relevant so please be patient. Unfortunately, I don't have much time to read (unless traveling), therefor I listen to CDs. I love it and got started on it after my mother passed away and I inherited all of the cassette tapes of books I had bought for her. At first it was a little difficult driving and concentrating on the book when a driver would cut me off and I would fling unflattering words at the jerk but as time went on it became easier.

The book I just finished and wanted to recommend to all of you is "The Book of Names" by Jill Gregory & Karen Tintori. OMG. Listen to me, "OH MY GOD." This book is one of those thrillers that catches you on the first page and won't let go. The fictional story centers around the concept that there are thirty-six righteous souls within each generation and their lives hold the key to the fate of the world. In this book someone is going around killing them and the world is faced with tragedy after tragedy and becoming more unstable as each death happens.

Run - don't walk - to get yourself a copy of the book or CD or however you digest your books. (This story reminded me of the excitement I had for the DaVinci Code.) I loved the reading by Christopher Graybill and had no trouble distinguishing characters. After the book has concluded on the CDs you have a chance to listen to an interview with Jill and Karen. Surprisingly, I learn that the fictional "36 righteous souls" is based on fact. Thank you Jill and Karen for this one outstanding, incredible, "wanted to stay in the car to listen to it book" - not much more to say, huh?!

You can purchase the book or CD at your local book store or on Amazon.com. I am providing you with the links to Amazon.

Please consider this as a postscript: After I loan this CD out to the one who gave it to me for my birthday - I might just have a GIVEAWAY. And .. not to worry, if no one signs up for the free audio book - no problem, I will keep it in my library.

Off to play tennis. See ya soon.

1 comment:

Karen Tintori said...

What an incredible surprise to find this review of our book today on your blog! Love, love, love it!

You sound exactly like the daughter my son brought me, who "reads" our books enroute to work and hates getting out of the car once she arrives there.

Thanks from the bottom of our hearts for such a glowing review.

Our latest thriller, THE ILLUMINATION, was published in January, 2009, again in paper and audio formats and centers on another hidden biblical treasure from the dawn of creation with the power to save or destroy the world.

All our best,
Karen Tintori
www.karentintori.com