Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Honeysuckles are blowin' not breezin'

It is a wonderful windy warm day here in February in Northern Virginia. It is really beautiful. Wanted to grab a few minutes while I could to say hi to you all. My friend, Korie (We Will Always Have Paris ), had her little baby girl Ava on Sunday, February 8. Congratulations, Korie! Wish you and your family a lovely homecoming today or tomorrow! ; ) Since I need no excuse to use this photo -- it is interesting to note that Baby G and new arrival Ava will be almost the age difference as my Mom and Aunt Mary were!



Yesterday was interesting. I went to work out with James and did so for 30 minutes, then he decided that Mary and I could go out and play tennis with him. It was a little damp and in the 60s but off we went. Well before I know it - BAM it is 7:45 pm and we have been playing for two hours. Off I headed home to cook a late dinner and was thankful for the good cardio.

I worked on my "Wear Women Create" journal (AKA my Jenny Doh knockoff) and started putting notes and stuff in it. It was fun! You know - it reminded me of many yesterdays ago when I was sitting at Grandma's dining room table gluing cards and stuff in an old scrapbook meant to keep my brother and me out of trouble. I still have that scrapbook! Dancing memories are always fun when they come from no where.

I need to work on a second journal that I want to use as an excuse to go through all of my Stampers Sampler magazines and cut and save stuff I love. I am kind of skating on the cleaning organizing effort and while I am enjoying the creative juices flowing in the creation of journals I need to make a conscious effort to keep it up.


As a side note, I bought the most stunning clip art download from Charming Sams on Monday. Check it out under "Red Paper" - really go over to the site. Amy Steinberg is an incredible artist and jewelry designer and I am glad I found her blog since I have been shopping with them for a little bit. She and her husband take great care in making you a happy customer. I had trouble downloading some of the clip art I bought on Monday -- nope, it was not their web site's problem, just me. Oh well, I love my downloads from them and need to start utilizing the images from the clip art. Think I will use one tonight! Headed off to craft. Already did my Wii tennis training, my Wii tennis game, and took out the garbage. What more is there to do? Oh yeah, make a journal!

No comments: