Sunday, February 8, 2009

Life with Honeysuckle Breeze......


It's just better. NO, the title of the blog and first sentence are not mine but I love the sentiment stated by my Le Petite Poucet Boutade in the previous blog on Truth in Advertising! Thank you my Le Petite.....

Last week I was focused on recovering from my cold and am happy to report that by today I feel much better altho a little starved at the moment. Lunch munch crunch - yes, I need to go fix it!

I don't believe I told you that I purchased a Wii Sports and Wii Fit. I have been using the Wii Sports to practice my tennis and I really think it is helping. I got the Wii Fit set up yesterday and got weighed in and stats recorded. Here is a little interesting bit of information.... the Wii Fit Balance Board weighs me almost 2 pounds less than my bathroom scales. You know what that means. I don't even have to write it. BYE BYE bathroom scales! I fell in love with the balance board. I have not done any yoga or cardio on it yet - however I have done that over at my trainers and it was fun.


Today, I need to practice my tennis since tomorrow night I will be playing three gals that are better than me. Monday nights are always a good challenge for me. Thursday night I am the "senior" player with the gals. I have played longer and I really do try to help them get better while practicing my shots and strategy. (as a side note - a good tennis coach will tell you that you need to play people that are better than you to bring your game up) Although I am smokin' and rockin' right now with my tennis shots, I have no idea how that will translate on Monday night. Thank you Wii!

Yesterday by BFF Larcy and I went to lunch (she bought) and shopping. My birthday is getting close and we stopped by Brighton's. Big mistake. Put this charm bracelet together and, of course, had to buy it. It all began with the BFF charm and two giggling girls (yes, that wouldl be us).... The terrible thing about this is you don't have a clue what each charm/slider costs until the wonderful clerk adds it up at check out and by that time - you can't take any of the charms off. Ca-ching. However, the good news is that you will not have to buy all those spacers and sliders a second time and can still add different colors to make a whole new bracelet. That's my justification, anyway.


Sometime last week between one workout, one tennis night, and Wii Sports, I finished the Tower of London. Not sure how i will use it in my scrapbooking of more London pages.


Also pulled out a cross-stitch quilt top started many many years ago. I want to finish it and get it quilted.



Today I am going to "copy" a journal I saw in Where Women Create premier issue. I tried to buy it when the magazine came out but it was sold out. So, I want to see if I can recreate it to use for my "cut-outs" from the magazine of ideas I love. Will be back later today to update you on my progress. I already have groceries bought and laundry done. Way ahead of the game. I loved Lost this week. So happy all of my friends did not tell me how it ended. LOVED the ending. I have such a love/hate relationship with Lost and will not go into it at this time. Needless to say I'm in love with it at the moment.

No comments: