Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Heart Day from the Honeysuckles



What a wonderful way to celebrate Valentine's day -- theatre and baby-sitting Oliver. That was the day, the whole day. First thing this morning went to the Virginia Kitchen for breakfast and then headed over to Elden Street Players Theatre for Young Audiences to see Hansel & Gretel. What fun! They have one more performance at 2:00 pm tomorrow.
Loren really enjoyed the show and I gotta tell you the adults did too. Some funny funny one liners. That is what I love about this group - the "grown-ups" enjoy the plays just as much as the children. The acting was, once again, superb. One young lady playing the role of Dizzy had incredible comedic timing. She was good as was the young man who played opposite her in the role of Rasputin.

Loren had a nice surprise when an actress, Leta Hall who played Mrs. Barry, from Anne of Green Gables stopped to say "hi" to her. Made her day. Thank you, Leta! After laughing our way through the show, Loren managed to get all of her autographs.

One of her favorite characters this time around was The Witch played by Erin Gallalee. She was so good with a cackle that would rival the Wicked Witch of the West! And coming March 21-April 5 a production of Something Different 2009. I am telling you all out there - take your children to see these plays and if you don't have a child -- go find one to take. (I almost said "grab one" but I don't think that would be P.C.) You can do what many of the adults do - just buy a ticket and show up. Thank you Elden Street Players for doing another fine show!




Now on to Oliver's adventure. I had planned on creating and working on some items this afternoon but when I got news last night that my little one was coming over to spend Valentine's evening with me while his mommy and daddy went into DC for dinner, I had to plan our dinner. OK, I also had to do laundry. So Oliver hung on the bed while I gathered the laundry to put in the washer. He was a great help in folding.

After all of his hard work, Oliver had chicken basted in lemon juice and treated with various spices, steamed green beans and carrots, and to top it all off popcorn. (I've gotta stop watching Top Chef and Hell's Kitchen!)
Interesting thing here, I was told Oliver will eat two popcorns to my one. Nope, wouldn't touch them. I threw them on the floor and he looked at me with a cocked head and a puzzled look. I figured the movie theatre butter popcorn was too rich for his little system. So I happened to pick up the popcorn from the carpet and he came over immediately and ate it from my hand. They didn't tell me they hand-fed him his popcorn.
Excuse me, little Oliver it is your parents fault you got traumatized tonight with the popcorn. Auntie is not taking the blame on this one! Yes, baby you can bury your little head in the pillows. Oh the shame. Oh the blame. Oh the drama. Overall it was a great day in Honeysuckle Breeze.

As I yawn, it is going on 10:30pm - I need to go to bed and finish watching some dumb show on Sci-Fi called Splinter. Why do I torture myself watching this stuff? Will write more tomorrow. It is a three-day weekend! Love those Presidents!

No comments: