Saturday, February 21, 2009

Honeysuckle Breeze in Workshop Heaven!


Playing in paint and getting dirty makes one happy and wise. Yes, it is kindergarten all over again and anything you make is great with the teachers'. WOW, broken nails and ruined finger nail polish. What a wonderful day!



OK, enough with the suspense? I was lucky enough to be able to take two workshops at Angela's Happy Stamper. The morning was spent with the lovely Claudine Hellmuth (yes, I freely admit that I am a groupie of hers and follow her blog and twitter religiously). The afternoon was spent with Lesley Riley (this was the first time I met this wonderful artist).

Both artists were at Angela's all day long so it was a great time to get to know them. It was so much fun seeing other gals I have taken workshops with and renewing the acquaintances. Kidding back and forth is always fun just like in school.

Claudine's class was called "Mixed Medium Madness." We worked on an 8x8 stretched canvas and mounted nine 2x2 chipboard squares after learning the easy techniques Claudine taught us. Some we knew, some we had not worked at, and some were brand new. Her line of paint is beautiful and rich. Her gel medium easy to work with.



Finally, I was successful in gluing with her gel medium and was able to do a copier image transfer. I liked the gesso resist with silly writing.

I still have ribbon to put around the art work and I really enjoyed making this piece. Claudine is an incredible artist and teacher.

Now to the mysterious Lutradur! Yes, batman, you probably don't know what it is. . . I sure didn't!




In Lesley's class we worked with Lutradur. Nope, I had never heard of it and wasn't quite sure what it was. You will probably find it on the bottom of the your box springs. It is an industrial strength thermoplastic. It is a cross between fabric and paper. We did image transfers, melted it with a heat gun, and stamped on it. My book is not completed yet but I plan to work on it tonight after supper.

It was a great day here in the Honeysuckles and i am all smiley and happy. Thank you Claudine, Angela, and Lesley -- each a Goddess in her own right!

1 comment:

Kendy said...

The content you have provided is pretty interesting and useful and I will surely take note of the point you have made in the blog.

I thought this information might be useful for anyone looking for genuine nail decoration stuff and may not know where to buy them from.