Sunday, July 31, 2011

Lesley Riley Rocks.... 'nough said


Last night while blog hopping, I ran across a post on one of my most favorite blogs, Magpie's Nest, with the title of "Why Artists Need to Get High." An absolute read for everyone of you..... And so this will not be a long post. I really want you to click and go over to Patty's blog to read this article. It opened my eyes to a number of things, yes, maybe I knew them in my soul, maybe not. And after reading, I ran over to Leslie Riley's site ASAP to sign up for stuff... doesn't matter what stuff (you know what I mean?)... The site is fantastic. So fasten your seat belt, get comfy, grab a drink of your choice, turn on your reading light and read over at ....

Patty's blog:

"Lesley Riley, The Artist Success Expert, is the creative founder of Artist Success, Solutions for the Struggling Artist. To receive her bi-weekly articles on creating your own success as an artist, visit  www.ArtistSuccess.com." . . . . . .


Since Lesley is local in our area, I have taken a class with her using that magical material called Lutradur.  What is Lutradur? It  is a translucent, non woven fiber that looks and feels something like paper but won't tear or fray - and "burns" really well with a heat gun.




I loved working with Lesley and am very happy that I will be taking two classes with her at Art & Soul here in Virginia in March. My experience from this one class shows me that she is such a calming creative and inspirational soul and time spent with her is so darn worthwhile. This "booklet"was so fun to create that I bought the material and it is currently hidden away in the "lost" closet - yes the bogey man does live there - and I need to get brave and get it out and challenge my muse to create other works.


but, not today ....Today, I am working on the next ATC in the series of "Women of Salem." I have a tendency to get scattered and want to keep working on this series along as my Muse wants me to.... Kind of thinking of a Salem Woman as a Chem Lab Professor...... OH, and I have not forgotten that we have only a few more Alphabet ATCs to show you, here is a sneak peek for F, G, and H,



6 comments:

Lovey said...

Hi My Sweets! How cool is Lesley right? I actually was about to do a post on her Transfer Artist Paper! It is absolutely the best! Have you used it yet? When I post, I'll let you know! Yes! Lesley is a great inspiration to so many! I agree...She rocks...love yah!

Janet Ghio said...

i HAVE SOME LUTRADOR-SITTING IN A DRAWER AND ALSO lESLEY rILEY'S BOOK ON HOW TO USE IT. hmmm.....

Sherry said...

I'll check it out -- mostly the only "high" I ever get from art is if I'm using permanent markers!!! rofl!! xo

~*~Patty S said...

Hello and Happy Monday...Happy August too my dear M

what a sweet surprise to see your kind mention...Lesley truly does Rock...she shares her passion for life and creating so beautifully

I am feeling scattered here myself (keep blaming the heat)...funny you never "look" scattered to me ;)

take care my friend!
oxo

Things that make me happy said...

Once again, thanks for the tip! Lesley is inspiring and she speaks the truth. Hope you're staying cool this summer ...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Not sure how I've missed the last two posts, but I sure must be out of the loop. I'll blame it on our intense heat. I don't have any Lutrador, but my fried Dana and I bought something that was supposed to be a replacement or substitute for it. Dana kept the stuff (we got it at Hancock Fabric), so I have no idea what it is called or how to use it, other than I know you can paint it and burn it and . . . I forget what else!