Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday Night Pot Luck


I did manage to get the second "Women of Salem" ATC created this afternoon. Surprising since I did get a late start today. Played cardio tennis this morning and it was very warm and muggy with a breeze. Took a lot out of me, I don't think my tummy liked the cereal and milk I had before I went out into the heat. Uggies but did play for 1 1/2 hours. Then went and had lunch, stopped at Burlington (chaos reigned as usual, they need a good manager for that store, I think I go just to watch it especially when trying to check out, always a challenge) and then came home......


Miss Susie Salem came together after the debacle of her creation the other day. I had fun with her today and used an entirely different background than the original one. And no - I did not use any of the "thrashed" pieces.


I sewed her a little apron, after all she has been cooking all day .... hmmm, not quite sure what she is cooking, but the recipe looks interesting.


Hopefully it is not blue bird stew. I have to give a "shout out" to Elizabeth over at the Altered Book Lover Page... she gave me those TV stamps which bring back such wonderful memories from my younger days - those and green stamps, oh my..... As you can see, I sewed them in to give a little variety to the ATC.


Watching tennis, and will go out tomorrow morning playing singles with my tennis bud B.J. He has been away most of July so I haven't gotten my singles in on Sunday morning. Hey, it takes me a while to lose to him, I don't give him the game!  Stay cool, wherever you are my honeysuckle peeps! (Now if you have read this far down, you deserve to know that the page out of the recipe book had to do with "fish" - not people.)

4 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

love this!

Dorthe said...

Marlynn,
well I`m happy for that-she looks a bit witchy-so whom could have known it was only "fish".
Love it.
Hugs,Dorthe

Janet Ghio said...

Your ATC is fabulous!! Who do you trade with?

~*~Patty S said...

Bluebirds and lace aprons and special ingredients from generous friends...leave it to you to create some wonderful!

you'll get a laugh out of this...seems I have a "thing" for those trading stamps too...in recent digs I have unearthed 3 different batches of them...wonder what else is squirreled away here LOL

Love your Sweet Miss Susie Salem!
oxo