Sunday, July 3, 2011

Good Day breezing through the Honeysuckles

Happy July 3rd and the Breeze hopes you are having a wonderful Sunday.  So far I have. The day started with a cup of java and a good book,


with the boys in the corner of the patio happy after a few good thunderstorms last night,

if you look close they still have some morning rain drops dripping.  Yesterday was a stellar day with a find I could not pass up. I have lusted after this cookware for a year,


But the cost has been a little high until I found it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond...... Move over Second Hand Rose, I have walked into the store. Oh Boy! -- The price on the display model was wrong, do tell, and when they rang it up I called them on the price. Well I got money off the original price plus 20% discount coupon off the original cost and wow was it marked down. LOL. Well at least they pulled the other pots to "reprice" after I walked out of the store.


Last night had minestrone soup and garlic bread in my new pot..... Yes, I do have a pot to ______ to do whatever you would want to do in a pot.  Tonight will be Bar-B-Q chicken, corn, and scalloped potatoes. Hello, 4th of July.  I did get a little more cleaning done and four bags to the Goodwill.


A few photos of one more section in the "room."  Yes, I watched three hours of Hoarders last night and it really did get me going this morning.  




OK, enough of organizing. I wanna show you three more alpha ATCs. And you thought I forgot! Here we go where we left off, Q is for Queen and off with their heads,


P is for Paper Chase - this is one of my favorites in the 26 cards. I used an old newspaper, compliments of Elizabeth over at Altered Book Lover, all about someone who fell on some scissors.... yes, fatal.  Remember that boys and girls. Always know where your scissors are!



O is for the Oracle of Delphi. Love that ancient story and enjoyed making this card.


Ok, until tomorrow. I might take a day off and create one thing tomorrow  I do keep saying that and then I tackle another load of stuff. I am going to let you know, that I am donating craft supplies to a senior citizens home. Makes me feel good to turn loose of stuff that I have "outgrown" and now another will enjoy. Hugs to all and I need to put the chicken in the oven.



9 comments:

Sherry said...

Yesterday sounded like bliss, including bagging up more "stuff"!!! I love your craft/art/work area...and all those stamps!!!

Kudos on getting that cookware marked way down...but you know, if you don't speak up, they won't "do" anything so it's great that you did.

And extra kudos on giving the extra art supplies to a seniors' centre!!!!! xoxox

Your alphabet cards just keep getting more intriguing (a scissors fatality??)!

Love the patriotic attire and I hope you have a great 4th!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are doing GREAT with your craft area. I'm really proud of you. I'd send my stuff to a senior center, but I don't have anything that anyone would want. Most of my "goodies" are from dumpster diving.

I'm thrilled you were able to use something I sent you. Fodder is always good, or at least I think it is.

I had a similar situation one time at Sears on their best paint. I bought 3 cans and they told me the price was marked wrong. When I made a scene (Yep, I did), they gave it to me at the ridiculously low price they had on it. Like the people where you were, these guys rushed to redo the price as soon as they rung up my sale.

Have a super 4th. Looks like you're decked out in style at least.

Janet Ghio said...

You're looking quite festive in your red, white and blue shirt!! Love those ATC's, especially the queen one. What a "steal" from BB&B!! Have a happy 4th!!

Terri said...

Your art room is looking mighty good!

I have one of those pots too, and I love it! Only I didn't get the bargain price you did, you lucky girl!

I adore your ATC's, you know it..."Poefully" has it's own special place in my art room.
Happy 4th!
Hugs,
Terri

Diane said...

Hi Marlynn!! I haven't been here in a while--you are inspiring me with your "unhoarding". I've been doing this too, or trying too. I'm in the process of moving my art room into the bigger empty bedroom in my house (I LOVE having an empty nest!)
I'm not sure if you read what's going on with Bob on my blog, but email me and I'll tell you more!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Looking good Marlynn! You are giving me a run for my money! ;) The art space is fantastic...and I love the ATC's...so clever! Have a wonderful 4th m'dear!

Dorthe said...

Hi dear Marlynn-
I think your art room looks wonderful, and so tidyed up, and no hoarder there at all :)
And your alphabet ATC`s are fantastic- and also a bit scarry ,hihi...
The pot is a winner, and how lucky you was having it for such a low price-
Thankyou sweet for your dear words to me today, -made me feel warm and happy.
Hugs,Dorthe

~*~Patty S said...

your hard work is paying off...your art space looks great and those stamps look SO inviting...I have some wooden silverware trays hanging on the wall with an assortment of some of my wooden stamps...so handy

Love your "goyle" collection and I see you rockin your red white and blue!

so much to enjoy in this post...super ATCs each and every one!
oxo

Lovey said...

Okay first let me say...you look wonderful darling! Smiles and wow! Love your corner...sadly I too can relate to that Hoarders show....just went through some summer cleaning...and man oh man...it almost broke me down to tears....alas...I'm done! Whew...will post for Where Bloggers Create...you should too! Love You! Happy Belated 4th of July!