Sunday, November 29, 2009

Quiet Sunday among the Honeysuckles

The boys left very early this morning at 5:00am headed back home to St. Louis! Yes, I had to take a little nap from 6am-8am.... Now we will be getting back to routine stuff and some creating!
OMG, I have to work a full week..... ohhhhhhhh - once again life can be tough when you have to use your annual leave at the end of the year and then all of a sudden have to work a full week.
Today has been pleasant. Had a wonderful salad


while watching a PBS show on the Big Band era of the '40s. Great music. I have always loved the Andrew Sisters,

Had tea (I was inspired over at Magpie's Nest)
Larcy brought me this tea from Philadelphia as one of my goodies for babysitting Oliver. It was very delicious,

Larcy and I are getting ready to make "tea books" inspired by our dear friend Beth. She and a group of Craft Chix are visiting the local tea rooms and they each keep a wonderful handmade book outlining their adventures! (Larcy is cutting the book board tomorrow at work on their big cutter!)
After tea I began making Christmas tags. I told you about my Christmas Marie Antoinette digisheets, well here they are so far....

Glitter cures everything, don't you think?

You go girl.......
I ended up covering the tags with the "old" music I bought over at Where Women Create.... (look ma, I'm not hoarding....ok I saw the ads for the new season yesterday)


I added the Santa hat and accidentally snipped off the furry white ball at the end so I just glued on a jewel. Also added on some silver stars to cover some oops.... Well, anyway, so Maria, don't you think?

Need to run and get my bubble bath, Larcy, Phil, and Oliver are coming over for chili and cornbread later on...... I do want to work a bit on the Wicked album. Hugs, everyone!


7 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

Lookin' good over here, Marlynn! Love that salad..AND your tags!

xo

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS tags! I would have a hard time letting go of them!

Goodness, do you NEED sheet music? I only have a box load of it sitting on my back porch. I'll send you some. :)

forcryeye said...

Fab! Love the tags! My parents/sister live in St. Louis! Maybe that is where we can finally meet!?! Tonight is the premier of the new HOARDERS! Can't wait! xo

Terri said...

Marlynn, I hope your week at work goes smoothly and quickly!
All your "Marie" art is gorgeous!!!

I love the tea book idea, lucky you! And your tea cup and saucer is beautiful!
Have you been to Teaism in D.C.? They make fresh Chai each day and have many special blends.
Hugs,
Terri

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Your Thanksgiving looked really special M!
Love this post and thank you for the shout out sweet thing!
Posh tea tin and doesn't it always taste better in a pretty cup!
Have you been to the Aylesbury tea room in Leesburg? There are so many sweet tea spots locally ... since we were going to try and get together ... mayhaps we can do tea in 2010 = OMGosh that sounds like not next month!!! if you know what I mean :) of course we wanted to "play" too ... dearie me!
oxoxo

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

oh and your Marie's are splendid, glitter yes indeed!
I get so chatty when I visit and still don't tell you everything ;)

PoetC7 said...

I agree! Glitter is good for everything! What a lovely Sunday you had! And, I love the Andrews Sisters, too! :o)