Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Random Thoughts in between cleaning the suckles

Trick question: If you can't remember when you dusted last, if you can write your name in the dust, is it time to clean? Who knows. I certainly don't but am doing it anyway. You know brother and nephew are showing up next week for Thanksgiving and I do try to have the little nest looking decent for one short moment before they show up and drop their luggage all over the place. I have the day off and have been working away with the cleaning and cardio tennis and back to cleaning and then posting here.

Had a most wonderful surprise in last night's mail. As a matter of fact Monday was a a very cool day. Loved it. After a wild and wonderful weekend, the Monday started out well. Had lunch at one of my favorite places (Vie de France) near my Michaels where I went on the hunt for a Martha Stewart punch which Suni introduced me to over the weekend.


This punch was still 30% off at Michaels and the corner punch is the one I used on the Wicked spin album. It is gorgeous.... and with the Christmas Martha stuff. Almost didn't locate it.... Will show you a punched out page later. Now to my surprise in the mail.....



Sometimes I forget how it is the little things in life that pleases us the most. Out of the blue, my newest BFF Nathalie drops me some fun stuff in the mail. I love snail mail but it seems we are so caught up in email!

I love "Edna's Hair" - I am getting into ATC collecting without realizing it. We did the ATC swap last weekend, and I did created a special one for you all a few weeks ago using Mr. Poe as the centerpiece and then Edna came along. Plus, Nat also put in some of her "famous" library cards which I openly admit I hoard. Nathalie has a wonderful blog called An Artist Legacy and you should wander over to see her latest post. I would die for a porch like hers..... She also has an Etsy shop, Ruby Floy, where she has an interesting assembly of items. You are sure to find something! Trust me...


You know, I need to run and go back downstairs and finish cleaning the living room and at least start on the dining room area instead of hanging out with all of you, my friends. So in closing, let's hear it for Elvis who never really left the building! LOL. Oh yes, did I tell you puppy Oliver is coming for a visit on Thursday.... Yes, that's probably the real reason I'm cleaning so he has a good run thru the downstairs!


4 comments:

Debby said...

Great post!!!! You are a riot. Glad to see you received a gift..YEAH!!!! The dust things, yikes...I can't stand it, I am crazy the other way,cleaning when there isn't a need for cleaning. I love it when I am at work and can walk up to a glass top table or something and write "CLEAN ME" on it. They have all gotten unto who is doing the writing, but I just can't help myself. LOL..

Marlynn said...

Debby - you can come live with me any day and do my cleaning. Will pay you well, really well! hugs,

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

oh no I just sent a nice wordy comment and now I'm not sure it went thru ... blogger is acting wonky (not me this time promise ... I jumped thru all the hoops)

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

ok don't see, let me regroup
Nathalie IS a real doll, snail mail and the thoughtfulness of others is truly a beautiful thing!

You and Elvis (Edna and her bee do too) are a real hoot!

having company used to work like a charm for me getting cleaned up ... now I seem to enjoy creating most when I should/could be doing something else ... like cleaning and tidying!