Thursday, November 19, 2009

Somerset Studio Gallery in the Breeze


First of all the important stuff, Oliver is in the house and ruling with glee. He is now on the side of the table where the computer sits but because it is dark outside he can't look out - instead he is watching me and the tv across the room. (He just laid his head down for a nap, just too cute.)

He's been walked, he did his business, and he had a little dinner in preparation for my dinner. His mommy, Larcy, told me he loves peanut butter cookies (and we know he loves popcorn) so tonight..... in celebration of his first night away from home, you know what we will have, don't you? Come on, guess.


As mentioned in a previous post, I was published in the Winter 2010 issue of The Gallery on stands December 1.


I have known about it for a while but you know you don't like to mention it in case they change their mind. In the last issue of Gallery they printed this work:



And then they contacted me and said they wanted to publish some of my Marie book in the "book section" and they did! These are the two pages they selected to be published in the magazine:



It is always interesting to see what they select versus what I would have selected. They did good but another of my two fav pages from that book are these:

This was a Marie stamp created by the absolutely beautiful and talented Michelle Ward. It was a limited run and I was so lucky to pick one up. I love Michelle and cherish the time I have spent with her in her workshops. She is a special and beautiful soul that we all have been blest with! Okie Dokie boys and girls, I need to (1) wake the little Oliver up; (2) go downstairs to fix dinner; (3) just be .... I have a great life and I am really grateful for it! Love and kisses and hugs to you all and to all a good night! LOL

6 comments:

Debby said...

Love this post! Oliver is so sweet, what a cutie. Congrats again on being published, your pages are awesome. How was the popcorn and peanut butter cookies?
Debby

michelle ward said...

Marlynn - congrats! What a cool thing to see your pages on the pages of SS Gallery! Feather in your cap!

Louise S said...

Oliver seems rightly proud of his favorite Honeysuckle aunt. Congrats!! I think The King would want me to convey his congratulations as well.

Melissa S. said...

OLIVER is traveling!!! Tell him to go easy on the pb cookies...my girlz want him slim and healthy...LOLOLO. Also, congrats on the publications-these all look wonderful. Enjoy your houseguest...I know he's the best!

Lindart said...

Congratulations!!!! It has always been a dream of mine to be published in Somerset Studio, but I never send anything in! Afraid of rejection I guess! Your pages are awesome and definitely deserve to be in the mag!

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Wonderful post ... absolutely thrilled for you Marlynn!!!
BIG Congratulations everything looks wonderful!!!

Oliver is such a precious pup, but you already know that!

Happy Sunday
oxo