Monday, November 9, 2009

Smiles in the Honeysuckles


Yesterday -- Success. All 13 recipe cards done for swap this coming weekend. Whew. A big sigh! These were fun to do once I decided what I was going to do. The design kept changing. I had to keep reprinting the recipe in different fonts and sizes but I like the final product. I used punched out "circles" of the cooking school gals on the front side...not in the original design concept:


I finally used my Stampin Up letters that I have had for at least two years. The reason I bought this set was so I could use by hole punch to quickly punch little round letters.




I pulled out my All Night Media silverware punch. Love it. Selected black paper so it would pop off the card. You can find this punch over at Addicted to Rubber Stamps. They are in stock. They are so cute...... and not that hard to attach to the card.


Kept the backside simple and finally found a place for my four favorite cooking gals... which were going on the front side but didn't work out.




You might remember that I put the backside background together like a collage and then scanned it and copied it on my color printer. One thing I did do before the scanning was to highlight the Thanksgiving Gal with a lead pencil especially on the left hand side of her apron, underneath the pumpkin she is hold, around the moon, etc.. I have picked this trick up in books I have read .... It popped her out - otherwise she did get lost in the background. Funny thing is I cut out and used all these cut pumpkins and in the final layout you can't see them. But, they are ready to be copied again for another project...


3 comments:

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

These are brilliant, Love the details ... super idea to punch stamped letters out M!!! I have sets of individual alphabet letters and hardly use them, it's so labor intensive to get them back in order...sad I know ;) That said, I guess I should get them out and play and stop being an alphabet wimp!
must keep my eye open for some of your alpha stamps!
Know you'll have a fantastic time on your art get together, give Carmen a hug for me :)
oxo

Unknown said...

Stampin' Up! has some cool stuff- those little alphabet stamps are genius! I've punched out dymo-ed letters the same way, just a little tricky pulling off the paper from the adhesive backing (REALLY TINY!)

This recipe card is AWESOME! So much detail in such a small space. A GEM!

Terri said...

These are wonderful! I love how you scanned the collage page first and then built on it.
Whoever gets them is lucky!