Sunday, November 15, 2009

CraftChix Weekend a Success!

Yes, boys and girls, we had fun this weekend outside Baltimore, MD. This trip will be the topic the most of this week. We had fun, laughter so hard we had tears in our eyes, learned a few new things about, of all things, tea bags. Do tell, thank you, Suni. Carmen and I never had a clue. Must be generational. huh? We had Elvis, we had swaps, we had girls makin' tiaras.... we had it all.

Where to begin? Last Thursday we started out with what was to be a little bit of rain from Hurricane Ida. A little bit this far out in the suburbs of Washington, D.C. A little bit of rain lasted Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Today is glorious at 75 degrees sunny shine outside. At the office on Thursday I was able to capture the rain and our beautiful flaming tree!


Friday morning, in a lull in the rain, I was able to get the car packed. Do tell the trunk space in the "shark" is much larger than the one in the lady bug. Hmmmm, is that why they call it the belly of the beast! As I kept packing I was thinking I could get the whole condo in that trunk. OK, who am I kidding. I know, girlfriends.


Made it to the Crowne Plaza and got unpacked around 11:00 am and started to work on the project for the weekend. The night before I packed and repacked three times trying to keep the projects I was going to "work" on down to a minimum. So I started by painting bits of pieces of my Spinner Album Kit by Zutter the Bind-it-All people. Love this baby.



I am making a Christmas gift for a special girlie girl. Needed to paint everything black first of all. Let it dry and then come back and add some lime green paint here and there.



Over the two and a half days I did focus on the spinner album and was pleased with the progress I made. Got the cover "page" or "board" done:



And a lot more pages. You know how I love my little Tim Holtz typewriter keys? Give me a hole punch and some Glossy Accents and I am off to the races:



As I started this, I just want to make sure you all know -- A good time was had by all. A special thanks to Suni for helping to organize our get-away-weekend. Smooches baby doll! Oh yeah, Elvis was for Suni who had a birthday. The quote of the weekend...... A stampin'up demonstrator happen to be in the house on Saturday when Elvis showed up. She was later heard telling her friends that those CraftChixs were hardcore! You betcha! (for those of you who know Carmen, you can see her little creations in the background. They kept growing in numbers, and growing!)


And yes, Elvis was in the building.....



3 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

Beautiful trees, weather, girlfriends and crafting?? Sounds wonderful, Marlynn!

Debby said...

WOW!! Sounds like the perfect weekend to me...SO much fun to get out there and meet other artists.
Hugs,
Debby

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

You hard core gals are too much fun!
Waving to Suni and Carmen too!!!
Are those some of Carmen's Jello Jane's in the background?

it's always fun seeing what you're up to Lady!