Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Frost on the Pumpkins in the Breeze


OH my, I was just not so ready for the frost on the windows of the "shark" this morning. OK, the good news: Sun was up; bad news: had to put on gloves; good news: the Sebring Shark really heats up so FAST (not like my lovable VW beetle - yes I still miss the little Lady Bug but not in the winter time) and it took no time at all.

For those of you who think I might have crossed over to the dark side and am now into Xmas skipping over Thanksgiving - do not fear, boys and girls. Thanksgiving is my next bestest holiday after Halloween. I so love the colors, really do. I am now working on recipe cards for my upcoming Craft Chix weekend swap in less than two weeks. Guess you know what I will be doing this weekend!

I love these "chef" gals which I found over at The Vintage Workshop. The image is called "cooking school." I will use the gals on the front of the recipe card below the placement of the recipe. I'm using a recipe I found online called Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup. I really love my slow cooker especially in the winter with all of the stews and soups!


I worked on the "back" of the recipe card by creating an image I will copy and then attach to the back. That was fun working on .... and I tore pages out of old cooking books I find on ebay. (my dear cousin is grimacing about now... I don't think she likes me tearing books up - its for art, sweetie, for arts sake.....) Nope that won't satisfy her.




Hope your Wednesday was a good one. I really do kind of like this middle of the hump day. AND, no, I have not forgotten my dear "Neglected Murderess" Ms. November known as Miss Rosebeetle! (I love you Edward Gorey where ever you are on the other side...) I will probably play with it tonight while watching America's Next Top Model. I'm sure there is no connection here, I think... "neglected" hmm "top model" hmmmm "neglected" ..... Tyra Banks ... hmmmm


1 comment:

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

fun thinking of you in a Beetle Bug, I come from a long line of them, dh has a Karmen Ghia (two actually) that he adored! Windshield wipers were never the best features of VW's!:)
I missed the frost being down in Blacksburg for a few days.
your chef ladies are fab!
reading your posts always makes me smile!!! oxo