Saturday, August 21, 2010

Recycling in the Breeze

Hello my little buds. . . While you have been reading my dear little Alice's adventures, I have been working on creating notebooks out of all the grocery boxes I have been saving to use over the past year.... Recycle, yes, Mother Nature, I'm working on it. Last week I made a notebook for a friend of mine who had hip surgery. I had saved this cereal box knowing I would find the perfect person to give it to:

Yup, this notebook was for a man and one who is my trainer and tennis coach. Have to admit to enjoying working on this notebook. Used the back of the box for the back of the notebook, (wow what a concept)


I was lucky enough to have a nice "gold/beige" rubicoil to use. The inside pages were from a variety of places such as old notebooks no longer needed, ruled paper bought from the dollar store, old paper bought over at Nathalie's Ruby Floy Etsy Shop.

You can't recreate the "oldness" of this page, just can't do it. The stamp used is from Stamp Camp. Used some old music courtesy of Elizabeth over at Altered Book Lover. Since I have been following her great blog, I have picked up ideas from her especially using envelopes received in junk mail and bills and then reusing them......



Rooster stamp is from Stampers Anonymous, K1-862. On a trip to New York City last year, I stopped by the CBS store and picked up some "CSI" Crime Tape!

So all in all it has been a creatively productive week. I have just finished another small notebook for Larcy's birthday present and can't show it to you right now since I will be delivering it to her this evening when I take her and my nephew pup Oliver out to dinner. But I did use this wonderful "find" spotted in a parking lot yesterday when I went out for lunch!


I am feeling sorry for the person who lost it since I thinking it was from a beautiful sweater and it was very hot and muggy yesterday - but you never know. Will show you the notebook I made for Larcy tomorrow. In the meantime need to run to get ready for dinner. Have a great evening!

5 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Wonderful notebooks!

Diane said...

These are great Marlynn--I don't know if my husband would be too happy with the LeBron image though (maybe on a dart board :) He's a Cleveland Cav's fan.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm glad I was able to inspire you. I wish I had some of that crime scene tape. It is uber cool. Like Diane's husband, I would have preferred anyone from the Lakers, but I won't hold that against you, since it is Wheaties' fault, not yours.

Hope your friend gets as much enjoyment out of the book as I did. Woo hoo

~*~Patty S said...

wonderful repurposing Ms M!!!
and a great masculine creation as well

Wegman's recently changed their pastry boxes ... we get little tarts now and then ummm ... I just cut up two little boxes ... the sides are perfect 4x4" ;) nice cardboard too ... eat your cake and have cardboard too *ggg*

the dude on the Wheaties box reminds me of the hunk in the Old Spice commercials
Bravo!!!
oxo

Unknown said...

I LOVE the date stamped stamp! Great use of a junk mail envelope too (and thanks for the mention!)

(((hugs)))