Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Alice -- Chapter One, the journey


Hello, my friends, here we are today continuing Alice's sordid journey into a place called Wonderland. The Chapter today is appropriately titled"Chapter One- My Story - The Journey Begins"

One thing to keep in mind with this book is the left side of the book is used only as a "setting" page. See Rabbit Run..... Please keep in mind that you are going to see the backside of this rabbit on every page - like a "Find Waldo" game. Run baby run.... Smart Hare!

On this "setting" page we have a mica chip, masking tape, a key and a dress pattern tissue paper with rub-ons applied after it has been adhered to the page. The two Alice images are from http://www.piddix.com/.

And then we have girls and girls and more girls.Yes, girls gone wild. Yes, girls who had wishes and dreams. One thing I loved using on this page was the special Starbucks Tissue paper used one Christmas time several years ago. I absolutely loved the words: "hidden," "surprises," "elusive." I asked them last Christmas if they had it anymore (yes, I used up my stash) and they said, sadly, "no."

The tab on this page is "Field Notes" - Add some black lace, rub-ons, black feather, three images of Alice, and Tim Holtz Doo-Dads typewriter design. The book page "wishes & dreams" is from PaperWhimsy and was printed out on canvas.

As you can see in the upper left hand corner of the right hand side: Viewer Discretion Advised.... black lace and all. And of course, the elusive rabbit scurrying away...... Getting ready for dinner. Have a good evening, boys and girls.... Until the next time we meet for the Alice Supplement called "The Blue Plate Special." Yes, run rabbit run....... yum yum.....

5 comments:

steph said...

This is absolutely stunning!! I'll be running along....

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are gorgeous pages. They are so YOU. I only wish I could see them in person, because I see so much more when I enlarge the photos.

Blue Plate Special! I hope it's not the rabbit.

Debby said...

I love this, so much fun. Would love to watch you while creating your pages.
Debby

Diane said...

Your creativity always amazes me, and what amazes me more is that Somerset didn't publish your Alice!!

~*~Patty S said...

just wonderful M!
I bet turning the pages in person is an extra thrill too!
stay cool jewel!
oxo