Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Feed the Hunger

I have been working on an ATC since Sunday - YES, since Sunday. And guess what? It didn't work no matter what I tried to do..... just didn't work. This little rabbit was going to be a wonderful HareSoup or is that a hare raising adventure gone terribly bad.... You know, at times, you have to give in and accept it. It didn't work. OK, toss it or just "recover" it.

2nd card - Oh my, stick stuff on top of the Hare Soup and begin....... again


Idea was good but can you see the sewing needle holes. Holy Cr*p...... the thread came out of the needle and OK I probably didn't have it threaded proberly because I wasn't taking my time.


Yes parts can be salvaged but not right now. I have to get an ATC done in order to send off with a book. Calm down, feed the hunger, breathe. Then the crazy doll face came to me and we got this one:

All of these images can be purchased and downloaded over at Art Chix Studios and is known as "Dreaming in White." I love these white on white images. Truth be told.... it wasn't that easy and I was having to "rip" the baby doll face up twice. Whewwwww what did I do to peeve the ATC gods????

You have to admit what a beautiful face the doll has!


So, my dearest Egmont - this is for you and will be posted tomorrow with your Zentangle book! Need to run to Team Tennis in this hot and muggy Wednesday evening. Take care! Oh yes, this one can be saved, I'm pretty sure:



7 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

You did a fabulous job...I love it!

~*~Patty S said...

glad you hung in there, that doll face IS so expressive and very cool what you did with her!

it never ceases to amaze me how you can create some things in the blink of an eye and others .... well we've all been there!

Bravo for not letting the ATCs win heehee!
oxo

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Marlynn
your ATC is fabulous! I love the baby/doll photo and the combination of images and details you used! very AWESOME art!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Now you know why I don't like ATCs. They take as long (or longer) to make as the bigger pieces, and they are just too small for my big ideas. I am proud of you sticking with it. Have you heard that the third time is a charm (grin)? I know Egmont is going to love this. REALLY!

Debby said...

Hi Sweetie,
I am loving these, so very cool. Hope all is well with you! I haven't had time to blog lately and probably won't have until the first part of Sept., but wanted to try and get to a few this afternoon. Miss you.
Hugs,
Debby

Terri said...

Hello Marlynn, I am back and hoping to catch up with you and others. Your ATCs are so fab, again... of course, I even love the doll heads!
You do such wonderful creating.
Hugs,
Terri

Four Seasons in a Life said...

As always I am late!

Greetings dear Marlynn,

In many ways it is good that I was late since I did not know about the wonderful addition of the ATC along with the book until I opened the package late last night.

Since we just talked on the phone, you already know how smitten I was to discover this gem of yours and on top of it, this was my first ATC card I had received.

Like so many things in life, I had planned earlier this year to create a few ATC cards but life had other ideas. After seeing seeing your in my hands, there is that renewed surge of energy.

LEt see what time will bring.

Wishing you all the very best,
Egmont