Thursday, August 12, 2010

OH no - a HARE in my Stew - run bunny

Chapter Two: The Blue Plate Special

OK, boys and girls, hide your eyes.... it is now time to present the Antique Rabbit Stew Recipe, otherwise known as Hassenpfeffer. Yup, the little buddy had better run and not take any carrots from any little girl wearing an apron and a blue dress.


Be Strong bunny boy.... be strong. On the page above called "censored" you will see I have attached old book pages to the corners of the page, a few rub-ons. I used a canvas book page which I sewed around before gluing down on the page. This is a PaperWhimsy digital download printed out on canvas with the "center" oval cut out and a book page underneath. I also researched Rabbit Stew and added some of the recipe to the page. Add the Alice image along with a red feather! Also added some rickrack to her apron.


And of course you see the reoccurring theme of the bunny (my Waldo) running away... This post may seemed rushed and it is since we have some heavy rain storms headed our way and the computer needs to be shut down...... Sorry, my little bunnies..... stay away from cute little blond haired girlie girls. Okie Dokie? *wink*

6 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

So cute! You have a great sense of humor!

Terri said...

I don't know how I missed your last post! I love what you have shown there. Love your Alice growing! I love too what you have shown in this post! Wow! I do so wish I could sit down next to you and watch you do your magic!
Hugs,
Terri

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your humor and great art show through with each page of this book. I love how you allowed some of the recipe to show in the background. You have such a great eye for these things and really ARE the queen of embellishments. Adding the rick rack to the dress was brilliant, too.

~*~Patty S said...

Fun post M! You do such a great job getting stuff out of your head and onto the page!
your Waldo Wabbit is a great touch too
Happy Wet Friday!
oxo

Lovey said...

Beautiful Marlynn...and too funny at the same time...

Sugar Lump Studios said...

I love your Alice book ! It is just darling and has such a wonderful composition! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!