Monday, August 16, 2010

Alice - the Prodigal Returns

prod·i·gal   /ˈprɒdɪgəl/ –adjective
1. wastefully or recklessly extravagant: prodigal expenditure; 2. giving or yielding profusely; lavish (usually fol. by of or with ): prodigal of smiles; prodigal with money; 3. lavishly abundant; profuse: nature's prodigal resources.
–noun
4. a person who spends, or has spent, his or her money or substance with wasteful extravagance; spendthrift.

Well, what can you say.... the ragged little prodigal returns and does not look like a happy camper at a tea thrown in her honor. In fact the girl looks positively out of sorts. I swear while out roaming the hills and vales in Wonderland she must have met up with the girls-gone-bad Paris and Lindsay but, then again, we don't judge, oh what the heck, yes we do. Grow up girl-friend and put your big girl panties on and stop your whining.

Could be that black lace, feathers, coins rusty fun stuff that got her going. Well, let's just remember the run-on quote at the bottom of her page: "Anyone and Everyone can be loved...." hmmmmm yes, it was a "mad tea-party" in Alice's own words and once again the bunny rabbit runs away from the passion of it all.....


Enjoy your evening my little buds and buddies! And always have a smile in your heart - even for those like Alice-gone-bad! *wink*



7 comments:

Createology said...

I love your comments about her attitude at tea. Super fun artwork. Happy creating...

Terri said...

Oh My Goodness! Your Alice book is really special. No I really mean it!
The things you are creating in it are marvelous indeed! Just looking at your pages (the previous post as well) makes me feel so inspired.
Hugs,
Terri

forcryeye said...

Love it! Haven't been around much, but I am always peeking in!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is super. I keep marveling over this book and really love it. And I love how the rabbit running away is the unifying theme of it all.

I had an outage today, so Wendy, Bleubeard, and I got a little hot after about six hours. Thankfully, the electricity is back on now, but it was touch and go for awhile. Bleubeard misses Harley, too and is glad he is safe from the RSCs.

~*~Patty S said...

the laces make a very fine accent for your super Alice pages M!

sure would enjoy seeing your book in person sometime!

my T quote for tamale has "sunshine" in it too ... great minds

oxo

Dorthe said...

Wow , this is special, love it Marlyn, I have been away, but looked the whole story now,-it is wonderfull, your collages and the story you created fabulous- what a lovely book of art, from you.
I am going back, to read once more :)
Hugs, Dorthe

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Marlynn
this is just gorgeous! I am loving every piece you continue to share with us! thank you for the kind comments on my blog - it means so much to me! Have a wonderful Wedneday...tell Harley that Hailey says hello! :)