Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Face only a Mother Could love

OK, I know it looked like I disappeared and I almost did. Totally focused on my Alice submission and finished the "cover" page last night. I am using the rusty little things picked up in my condo's parking lot! YEA, recycle..... bliss!

I am really quite excited with this creation. This one is so different from the others since I am relying mostly on clip art of Alice in Wonderland I purchased over on Stampington. In other words, no stamping which is interesting for me not to pick up. But it works. My personal challenge is to figure out how to use the clip art in an "out-of-the-box" statement so it doesn't look like every other Tom Dick or Hairy..... Guess that's why they call it "art."

Well, I really just wanted to let you know I am still around and my favorite time of the year is fast approaching..... I love October. I really do. Today, I enjoyed terrorizing a friend and colleague at work. I love my job. I want you to meet Gertrude. She came to me as a hand-me-down. But not to worry, she is now snuggled warmly in my office for the WHOLE darn month. Eager to help all who wish for it.




I gave her chains away. Like -- she is not into bondage anymore! Well, I need to close and run and get Gertrude some more coffee. She is working like really hard.... or is that hardly working. Cheryl banished her from her Snow White chair. Pooey.... and just as she was getting acquainted with Snow. Happy Hump Day!

4 comments:

laurilou said...

my friend you are twisted. love you

forcryeye said...

She is a beauty! I wish I worked with you. My boss is a scrooge and won't let me decorate for Halloween anymore, even though everyone LOVED my decorations! I wonder if you had a Freudian slip when writing: Tom, Dick, and Hairy instead of Harry...or was it intentional? Hmmmm. Anyway...we are kindred spirits Ms. M!!! Email me at forcryeye@sbcglobal.net so I can email you back my phone #. I am going to come and see you and Michelle when you are in town!

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

I can see you and Gertrude are already having too much fun and it's not even October yet .... well tamale!!!
The yin and yang of Snow White and your boney friend just too funny M!!!

Boutade said...

Wow, I love your eerie adventures honeysuckle gal. You always meet the most interesting people!