Sunday, September 13, 2009

Busy time of the year in the Honeysuckles


Why is it that September always seems so busy?OK, I know kids go back to school, and school buses slow traffic down, and everyone is back from vacation, and WOW did we have a weird weather week! LOL. Yes, it seemed like fall was knocking on our door. Fall is my favorite time of the year.

So let's start catching up since last Wednesday.

I got fun stuff in the mail yesterday (I do love Mary's business cards I designed for her if I say so myself which I won't) ..... but let's start at the beginning ....

Over at Magpie's Nest, Patty mentioned a new Etsy Shop and a give-away. Well, boys and girls, I fell in love with Nathalie's blog, An Artist Legacy, and was so wowed with one of the items in her new Etsy Shop, Ruby Floy. I went wild about the "prompt" journal. Looks a little plain on the outside (all the more opportunity to alter you... my dear little book) until you open this baby up and see all of those marvelous library cards. What a prompt - "Alfie's feet":


NOW, if you go over to her blog you can see information about her give-away. Yes, she is giving away a "Prompt" book. Besides ordering a Prompt book, I also ordered some recipe cards. I wish I had my grandmother's hand written recipes..... who would have thought the things we cherish and the things we collect! I told Nathalie that I would buy those library cards on their own! She said she was considering selling them separately. OK Nat, i'm waiting.... girl, i'm waiting.


And now to the tale of the aftermath in the studio the day after......


Last night I had the privilege to attend a dinner which occurred at the end of the South Asia Studies Annual Student Orientation Retreat. This was part of the School of Advanced International Studies at The John Hopkins University. I don't believe I mentioned to you that I discovered a professor of mine from St. John's Junior College living down the road from me. After 40 years or so, we had lunch last week. It was fun to catch up. He was very young when he came to teach at St. Johns and all the students loved him. Anyway, he is currently a professor at John Hopkins and his wife is from India and designs children clothing. It was a marvelous evening of Bollywood music and incredible Indian food to die for.


As a hostess gift, at the last minute, I decided to do a "tea basket with small to-do-journal" instead of a bottle of wine. I found some "Indian" spice tea ...


and added some sweet goodies.


I then set out to create a little journal made out of a grocery box which I thought appropriate for the evening. Talk about waiting till the last minute. Yes, I did get my tennis in yesterday morning and then started creating this little baby. So sit tight and I'll tell you more about the little notebook this coming week......




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the glowing endorsement! I have cards for sale now, as you requested! :)

rubyfloy.etsy.com

Terri said...

Marlynn, You are sooooo creative! You amaze me. I hope you amaze yourself too : )

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

You sound like the perfect dinner guest, the basket is fantastic!!! and
you're such a good shopper too ;) Love your goodies!