Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sundry things among the Honeysuckles



Does the sign above my door look a little blurry? Well, boys and girls, welcome to my world! Okie Dokie I got busy here and left you alone to do whatever you do when I leave you alone, you little sweeties. BUT, I'm back, and will show you more Near East To Do booklet pages in a moment, I promise. The sky outside looks like fall. I had to put up my fall wreath today just to celebrate.



Last Sunday, when taking trash out, I started collecting fun little rusty things. Too cool and I had to share these with you. I love going on archaeological digs in my parking lot and thrash bins (where is Indiana Jones when I need him?). One day, I'm gonna make a fun street hag, if I say so myself. We got paper clips, an old nail, several hair pins, and sundry stuff. Love rust!



I got fun stuff in the mail since last we met:

From Claudine -- Loren's birthday gift - YES, the magnetic paper dolls showed up. How cool is this. Go over to her blog, Diary of Claudine Hellmuth, and you can get your orders in for upcoming birthdays and Christmas gifts. I am telling you these are well worth the little bit of money this fantastic artist is charging. The tins the dolls came in are so fun.....


The paper dolls are larger than I imagined.



I asked and paid for one extra dress -- Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz -- and what does Claudine do??? She throws in "ruby" slippers. I asked for a lime green blouse since we saw "Wicked" a few weeks ago in New York City and Claudine also gives Loren some lime green socks to go with her red ruby slippers. Just a note which you will see on Claudine's site, these dolls are not intended for children...... As I have said, these make great gifts for grandmas, aunts, godmothers, godfathers, me.....



I was finally able to browse some of my favorite blogs and was amazed what Linda got done in one day.... check out her post last Sunday on her blog, Lindart's Art. Yup, her table top looks like mine....which I need to get cleaned up. Well, time has gotten away from me and no mention of the Near East Journal.... tomorrow, I promise. I promise! Have a good evening. I have to run downstairs and get dinner and work on Holiday Ornaments for a swap in November. I believe I'm making 14 and I'm doing cross-stitch ones. Oh Wow, I amaze me and all my other personalities at times. *wink*

2 comments:

claudine hellmuth said...

yay!! so THRILLED that you love them! I just had to make the ruby slippers. she wouldn't be Dorothy w/o them!!!!
xxoxox

Unknown said...

I love your senility prayer! Priceless!!!

I also love rusty stuff. corroded paper clips make my heart skip a beat (my heart rate is going up just thinking about them!)

That Claudine is one special lady. Her stuff is unique and she is such a thoughtful person!