Monday, September 14, 2009

The Near East To Do Notebook

Yesterday, I told you about this little notebook I created as a hostess gift. I decided to do a tea basket instead of a bottle of wine not knowing what they liked. This little baby came together quickly since I decided to do it at the last minute. I have numerous boxes broken down to make into these little wonders. Do I do them ahead of time. . . oh no, that would be to sensible and that I am not.

The first item of business was to gather paper, measure it, and cut it. I used lined paper, manila file folders, dictionary pages, and scrapbook papers. After cutting up these, I had to sit down and put them in the order I wanted them in the book. After that process was done, I started sewing and stamping.

I used three of these lovely postcards (cut down) which I bought from Paper*Relics. Yes, I have hoarded these and seldom will I use them. But I convinced myself that I could order more.


I found the feather getting in my car after tennis on Saturday.



The fascinating thing about the page above is I put the "tag" in upside down and realized it after the book was bound..... Not a problem, I just grabbed some stamps and pretended I meant to do it this way. The tag was from the Chrysler dealership used for my car key when I took the "shark" in for some warranty work.



A year ago I bought a lovely package from the Vintage Victorian Mercantile Etsy shop and it included this material along with some yellow bias tape and yellow buttons. Since the recipient of this notebook is a designer of children's clothes, I decided it was about time I used this fabric. And then of course, I had a little piece left to use on the next page:



On that note, I will close this post. You will see a few more pages from this book this week but I need to go and work on my Alice in Wonderland collage I am planning to submit to Somerset Studio by October 15th. You know, I have a warped sense of humor and all I can think about when working on this is Rabbit Stew. I swear they ate the rabbit. Oh hum, move over Grimm Fairy Tales, I'm rewrittin' some.

No comments: